FileBrowser for Business is an extended version of FileBrowser with enhanced security and control features for businesses large and small.
With FileBrowser for Business, users can benefit from direct and secure file access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on corporate networks. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
Office Apps Integration
- Use the document picker in MS Office apps to open files from network file servers, edit them and automatically save back.
- Access corporate file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Automatically synchronize network folders to your iPad/iPhone
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Stay connected to your files, wherever you are
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on corporate servers
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Confirm to corporate Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
FileBrowser uses the SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). This enables access to Macs, PCs, NAS drives, & Windows File Servers, including Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Clusters.
It can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Google Drive (including TeamDrive)
- WebDAV servers
- FTP servers
- SFTP servers
For fast friendly support please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Introducing New Themes
Choose a new bold colour scheme from our selection.
New Document Scanner
Automatically detect and scan a document on your desk. Includes perspective correction and colour adjustment choices.
A new option in Preferences/Audio allows you to choose to have -/+15s buttons on iOS lock screen.
Fixed a problem connecting to some OneDrive for Business accounts.
Ratings and Reviews
My Most-Used App
I'll admit, I was annoyed a couple of months ago when they kept bombarding me with a rating nag, but even with that little snag noted, I cannot deny that this is the most-used app that I have, and indeed I launch probably 30% of my actions from FileBrowser. This is a quality, polished piece of software, and I'm grateful that there are companies like Stratospherix to bring desktop usability to mobile devices.
Makes the iPad much more useful
App does what it claims and makes the iPad much more useful for me in a business setting. I was easily able to connect to our LAN. and SharePoint sites to open PDF files, pass them to PDF Epert or Bluebeam Revu, mark them up with the Apple Pencil and save them back to their original location. This is exactly the workflow I was hoping to achieve with the iPad Pro. FB makes it possible.
AD Auth No Problem
This works fine accessing file shares requiring Active Directory/Kerberos authentication. It’s a very capable application with plenty of features, and definitely the one to buy when you need, for example, to access a file share at work over a VPN using your AD credentials, hint hint. I wish it supported NFS, but that’s neither a complaint nor a feature request.
- 90.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.