Hungry for a new math discovery? This juicy number snack introduces basic fractions in a fun and fruity way!
Kids solve tasty challenges and unlock the story of some greedy parrots with a taste for tropical treats.
Help quirky Quip on his quest for some fruit - even a small fraction! Will he get his fair share?
WHAT ADULTS NEED TO KNOW
* Designed and tested with kids aged 6-10.
* Suitable for introducing fractions or for extra support.
* No in-app ads or in-app purchases.
* Aligns to Common Core Standard CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NF.A.1 Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.
* Engages problem solving and reasoning skills as kids progress through a structured learning pathway.
* By interacting with visual problems, kids build familiarity with basic ideas such as equal parts and connecting parts with wholes.
* Learners use real objects, shapes and numbers to represent fractions. Abstract concepts are modeled with concrete, familiar examples.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understanding fractions as equal parts
* Connecting parts and whole
* Representing fractions with numbers and objects
* Understanding top number (numerator) and bottom number (denominator)
* Working with unit fractions ½, ⅓, ¼, ⅕, and ⅙
* Foundations for further fractions learning
√ Instructional content with each problem
√ Helpful hints to guide learners when they are stuck
√ Aligned to school curriculum
√ Concepts and difficulty increase with progress
√ Animated story chapters featuring pet bird Quip
√ Unlock the story and problems as you progress
√ Themed characters add fun and adventure
√ Collect lightning bolts by solving problems
√ Developed by teachers and children’s media experts
ABOUT LIGHTHOUSE LEARNING
Lighthouse Learning is a children's digital learning company.
Our vision is for a global community of young learners delighted in real learning accessible anywhere.
We believe kids deserve rich, 'lost in the moment' learning that’s naturally absorbing and fun.
We work with parents, teachers, and kids to create learning experiences that are truly delightful and educationally effective.
Follow us on Twitter for news and promos: https://twitter.com/EduLighthouse
Compatibility for iPhone.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best ever
Wow, this is a great app which is perfect for my family. It is fun, interesting, creative, and motivates you to continue to the next level. And lets not forget its doing some amazing teaching of fractions. It's approachable enough (great graphics, too) that my 4 year old enjoys playing. I agree with other reviewer: I hope they come out with a level 2 game.
A fun and engaging way to teach a difficult concept!
Finally, I have found an app that makes learning fractions fun for my kids. Colorful graphics, in the form of tropical fruit and birds, keep young learners’ attention as they move through progressively challenging problems to solve. This is the best app I have found to teach fraction basics to children.
- Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd
- 36.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.