By Avatron Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app has been superseded by Air Display 3. We are leaving this version in the App Store for backward compatibility. If you are a new customer, please buy Air Display 3. It has all of the features of Air Stylus, plus a whole lot more, including a USB connection and much faster performance.
With that out of the way:
Air Stylus lets you use your iPad as a pressure-sensitive, wireless drawing surface for your favorite graphics software on your computer.
Draw or paint on your iPad’s screen directly into Adobe® Photoshop®, Pixelmator®, or almost any computer-based creative software that supports pressure-sensitive pens.
Air Stylus creates a natural drawing and painting environment, letting you combine the power of computer-based creative software, the finesse of a pressure-sensitive stylus, and the elegant usability of your iPad.
Air Stylus — The new way to draw on your creative power.
• Enjoy familiar pinch to zoom and two-finger gestures to navigate your images
• Activate reliable palm rejection for increased drawing comfort
• Compatible with all leading pressure sensitive pens and creative software
Pressure sensitive stylus compatibility
• Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
• Adonit Jot Touch 4
>> To use all the features of Air Stylus, make sure your stylus and iPad work together.
• All the best graphics programs (including Photoshop CS 5.x and newer)
Air Stylus is compatible with most of the software programs that support pressure sensitivity.
It makes more sense to list what Air Stylus does NOT work with, so here we go:
Known software incompatibilities
• Autodesk Sketchbook (coming soon!)
• Corel Painter X3
• Escape Motions FlamePainter (coming soon!)
• Mapdiva Artboard
• Synthetik Software Studio Artist 4.0
• Toon Boom Studio, Harmony, Animate, and Pencil Check
• (We’re shrinking this list as fast as we can)
1. Buy the Air Stylus app and launch it on your iPad
2. Download the free Air Display host software to your Mac from GetAirDisplay.com (Windows coming soon)
3. On your computer, click the Air Display menu and connect to your iPad
The iPad’s screen becomes a wireless extension of the computer’s desktop.
Launch your favorite graphics software, drag its window to the iPad, and start drawing or painting with your pressure-sensitive pen.
• Both computer and iPad must be on the same Wi-Fi network
• iPads running iOS 7 and above
• Mac OS X 10.7 and above
• iPad 3 or newer running iOS 7 and up
Already have the Air Display app?
Air Stylus and Air Display play very well together, and even use the same host software on your Mac (make sure to update to the latest version).
Air Stylus lets you draw or paint naturally while using your familiar computer-based workflow, without having to invest time or money in extra hardware.
(Registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.)
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Support for the new Adonit Jot Touch stylus with Pixelpoint
• Improved performance and stability for older pens (Pogo Connect, Wacom Creative Stylus)
• Improved multi-touch gesture support
• Better and faster pairing for all pens
• Fixed an issue where stylus tracking degrades over time
Inexpensive Alternative to Cintiq!
I have been using this for about six months, mostly for Photoshop. I just found out how to use this app with Illustrator, too.
With the help of an iPad and a $50 Wacom pressure-sensitive stylus, I can draw on the iPad in Photoshop and Illustrator without paying $1000-$2000 for a Cintiq.
The email tech support has been very helpful! If you have a question, shoot them a message and they will probably be able to solve your issues and get this app to work to your liking!
Great Photo Editing Tool
Just upgraded to 1.0.2 and have switched to using the Jot Touch with Pixelpoint. Love It! Air Stylus is perfect for photo editing, I’m able to draw directly on the image in Aperture and Photoshop Elements 12. It draws smooth, and updates quickly. Dodging and burning with a pressure sensitive pen is just fantastic. Pairing with the Jot was a breeze too. The zoom function makes it a little easier to work on the details of an image.
love the idea of this app but it was a little hinky when it first came out - nice and smooth since this update. Still not sure how they make my iPad work with my computer based apps but I’m glad these guys figured it out!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 26, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 47.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Avatron Software, Inc.
- © 2014 Avatron Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.