Rhode Tour places the heritage and culture of Rhode Island at your fingertips with this free Smartphone app. Known as the “Ocean State,” Rhode Island is filled with interesting stories, captivating places, and intriguing people from coast to coast. With a growing list of interpretive stories, each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the location, along with historic images and media from archival collections and historical publications. The information on the app may also be accessed by visiting the project website at rhodetour.org. Rhode Tour is brought to you by the John Nicholas Brown Center for Public Humanities and Cultural Heritage and the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities.
Welcome to Rhode Tour 3.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
*3.0.1 includes minor layout improvement for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Great Rhody Resource
With this latest update, the app is a treasure trove of stories, both printed and audio, as well as many great archival photographs from our richly historical and cultural state. A lot of fine work went into this app and it really shows!
- Cleveland State University Research Corporation
- 37.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © John Nicholas Brown Center for Public Humanities and Cultural Heritage, and Rhode Island Council for the Humanities
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.