Pillow: Sleep cycle alarm clock for sleep tracking
By Neybox Digital Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pillow is an advanced sleep tracking alarm clock that can effortlessly measure and track your sleep quality. Wake up refreshed and learn more about the benefits of great sleep.
Included in Best New Health & Fitness apps on the App Store.
Featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, CTV Canada AM, The Guardian, The Hindu and many more.
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
- You can now track you sleep using your Apple Watch.
- View last night’s report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night.
INTEGRATION WITH APPLE’S HEALTH APP
- Automatically adds your sleep duration to the Health app after each sleep session
- Visualise inside the app how your sleep quality is affected by a variety of health and fitness metrics including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, caffeine and alcohol consumption, dietary calories and Nike Fuel activity. [Premium Feature]
TRACK YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH ACCURACY
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Accurate sleep tracking algorithm that detects both motion and sound patterns.
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics.
- Heart rate analysis for each sleep session (requires connection with Apple Health)
- Detects and analyses naps and short sleeping sessions.
- No calibration required.
- Records sounds during your sleep.
- Play, export or delete any audio recording. [Premium feature]
- Smart audio recording algorithm, discards noise.
OPTIMAL WAKE UP TIME
- Pillow monitors your sleep cycles and selects the best possible time to wake you up, just a few minutes before the alarm you have setup.
- Adjustable time window for the smart wake up period.
SNOOZE LAB [Premium Feature]
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Constantly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep related facts.
- Achievements to keep you motivated.
BEAUTIFUL & EASY TO USE UI
- Beautifully animated, intuitive gesture based interfaced
- Clean iOS8 inspired design.
- Easy to access help screens and video guide.
DETAILED SLEEP HISTORY TRACKING [Premium feature]
- Explore your sleep history with Week,Month,Year and All Time overviews.
- Data integration with Apple's Health
- M7 & Runkeeper activity data integration: View your physical activity in comparison to your sleep quality.
- Discover your sleep profile.
DATA BACKUP & SYNC
- iCloud support: Pillow uses iCloud to safely backup your sleep data and audio recordings.
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps.
- Export your database to .csv format.
5 SLEEP TRACKING MODES
- Switch between any combination of app functionality:
Sleep cycles, Audio recordings and Alarm.
3 POWERNAP MODES [Premium feature]
- Select between power, recovery and full cycle nap
- Easily enter your mood after each sleep session and see how it relates to your sleep quality
- Add your personal notes to every sleep session
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds.
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as wake up sound. [Premium feature]
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep.
- Optional vibration settings.
2 ALARM DEACTIVATION MODES
- Press and hold to stop
- Shake the device for a short period.
3D Touch support
- Quick start an alarm
- Quick start a nap
- View your the diagram of your last recorded sleep session
PREMIUM VERSION (available as an in-app purchase) unlocks the following features:
- Detailed sleep statistics
- Unlimited history
- Full access to sound recordings
- Powernap modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- Improvements in Watch App behaviour
- Added an option to force stop sessions when appearing to be active on the Apple Watch or iPhone
- Fixed an issue with the sleep recordings not appearing on iPad
- Fixed an issue with the heart rate data chart that could crash the app when no data are available
- Fixed an issue where the sleep aid would not playback properly on certain occasions
- Alarm time in nap modes now displays correctly in Apple Watch
Vision is there, needs some work
I really want to love this app, but it needs some work.
1. Apple Watch pairing is just bad. I shouldn't have to stop the alarm on my phone AND the watch, but if you don't end it on both it continues to track and then I remember 4 hours later which heavily skews the sleep data. Also, every single time I use it it tells me the alarm is already set on the watch, even though it's not. So I have to open the watch app, start it, turn it off, then go back to the phone and it's good to go.
2. Just general workflow issues. The absolute most powerful part of this app is the sleep activity data. It took me forever to find out where it lived because you have to press the "?". The only thing that should live behind a question mark is a help screen or FAQ. Very odd UI choice. There are a lot of strange things like this throughout the app.
You're on your way but it's getting tough to keep using it every night with all the issues.
Pillow is great...but
Overall, the setup and atmosphere of the app is great, it tells me when I was awake and all the need to know basics of how I slept. The only problem I have with pillow isn't above the app itself, it's for all the ads it gives me for premium features. I nightly get asked to upgrade to premium, not having an x button to close off the ad and covering the whole page for me to start. This often stays up for a while and is holding me back to going to sleep. Other than that, I've found no problems with the app
Nice Design, Easy to use, and Interesting info
I enjoy using this app a lot. One of my favorite features is the option to play soothing sounds as I fall asleep, and stop once I'm asleep. The alarm sounds are better than the iPhone alarms also. If you've got $3 to waste every month, this app may be a cool way to keep track of your sleeping habits and help you be more aware of how you sleep. It records audio throughout the night and gives you the option to play it back in the morning. Overall, it's an interesting app to have.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 156 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Neybox Digital Ltd.
- © Neybox Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium$4.99