Pillow: The sleep cycle alarm clock for sleep tracking
By Neybox Digital Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pillow is an advanced sleep tracking alarm clock that can effortlessly measure and track your sleep quality. Wake up refreshed and learn more about the benefits of great sleep.
Included in Best New Health & Fitness apps on the App Store.
Featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, CTV Canada AM, The Guardian, The Hindu and many more.
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
- You can now track you sleep using your Apple Watch.
- View last night’s report right on your Apple Watch.
INTEGRATION WITH APPLE’S HEALTH APP
- Automatically adds your sleep duration to the Health app after each sleep session
- Visualise inside the app how your sleep quality is affected by a variety of health and fitness metrics including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, caffeine and alcohol consumption, dietary calories and Nike Fuel activity. [Premium Feature]
TRACK YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH ACCURACY
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Accurate sleep tracking algorithm that detects both motion and sound patterns.
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics.
- Detects and analyses naps and short sleeping sessions.
- No calibration required.
- Records sounds during your sleep.
- Play, export or delete any audio recording. [Premium feature]
- Smart audio recording algorithm, discards noise.
OPTIMAL WAKE UP TIME
- Pillow monitors your sleep cycles and selects the best possible time to wake you up, just a few minutes before the alarm you have setup.
- Adjustable time window for the smart wake up period.
SNOOZE LAB [Premium Feature]
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Constantly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep related facts.
- Achievements to keep you motivated.
BEAUTIFUL & EASY TO USE UI
- Beautifully animated, intuitive gesture based interfaced
- Clean iOS8 inspired design.
- Easy to access help screens and video guide.
DETAILED SLEEP HISTORY TRACKING [Premium feature]
- Explore your sleep history with Week,Month,Year and All Time overviews.
- Data integration with Apple's Health
- M7 & Runkeeper activity data integration: View your physical activity in comparison to your sleep quality.
- Discover your sleep profile.
DATA BACKUP & SYNC
- iCloud support: Pillow uses iCloud to safely backup your sleep data and audio recordings.
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps.
- Export your database to .csv format.
5 SLEEP TRACKING MODES
- Switch between any combination of app functionality:
Sleep cycles, Audio recordings and Alarm.
3 POWERNAP MODES [Premium feature]
- Select between power, recovery and full cycle nap
- Easily enter your mood after each sleep session and see how it relates to your sleep quality
- Add your personal notes to every sleep session
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds.
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as wake up sound. [Premium feature]
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep.
- Optional vibration settings.
2 ALARM DEACTIVATION MODES
- Press and hold to stop
- Shake the device for a short period.
3D Touch support
- Quick start an alarm
- Quick start a nap
- View your the diagram of your last recorded sleep session
PREMIUM VERSION (available as an in-app purchase) unlocks the following features:
- Detailed sleep statistics
- Unlimited history
- Full access to sound recordings
- Powernap modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
What's New in Version 3.0.5
- It is now possible to manually sync a sleep session from the Apple Watch to the iPhone by force touching on the sleep diagram screen
- Fixed an issue where sounds would be recorded when using Pillow from Apple Watch, even if the respective option was deselected
- Various smaller improvements and fixes
Helped me stop waking up during nightmares!
I have PTSD and I've always had nightmares. At times they've been bad enough that I was medicated to prevent them. In the last few years they've been less frequent and so I've been living with them. I picked up Pillow because I decided I wanted to use my Apple Watch to track my sleep. I didn't realize the feature of waking me up outside of a R.E.M. cycle would be so incredibly fantastic. I have found that, when I wear it, it wakes me up when I'm not in a nightmare, so I don't immediately remember the terror! Anyone who struggles with nightmares will understand that the wake up with the immediate memory of the nightmare and then the reliving of it in your mind - it can ruin your whole day. There have been a few nights where I forgot to charge the watch and I wake up like I used to, right in the middle of a nightmare. The difference is practically tangible. I feel so disturbed by my nightmare when I wake up like that. With Pillow, I feel rested, normal, and if I remember the nightmare then it's less intensely upsetting. Pillow has literally changed my life by helping me stop the negative impact of waking up in a nightmare. Highly recommend it!
Inaccurate and needs babysitting
Picks up my husband's snores and thinks I'm sleeping deeply when I know I wasn't. Says I have never had any REM sleep after a week of using the app, which I know can't be true. Almost nothing works without the $5 upgrade. And I don't like that the alarm wakes me before I want to get up. I realize it's supposed to be better to wake at a particular stage in my sleep cycle, but since it records my husband's sleep instead of mine, that's not accurate, either, and I often wake groggy in the middle of deep sleep that I needed. The only time that looked like a somewhat accurate record of how I think I slept was when my husband wasn't there, but even then, apparently I had no R.E.M. sleep, which I think is unlikely. I hate that you have to take it into bed with you, like a lover, but instructions warn that it shouldn't be buried in pillows, so it needs fussing over, like a baby. Both interfere with my ability to relax in bed and I can't help wondering if the phone waves, too, interfere with my sleep, even when the screen is dark. The alarm is annoying and I find myself singing it after I get up. Ugh. I like the nap feature, but of course that doesn't work without the upgrade. I feel like I should keep using this app since I paid for it, but probably won't, especially since it's not my sleep cycles that it records, and I think I sleep better without it.
Do Not Upgrade!
I am a psychology student and absolutely loved all the free features that this app had to offer. Every time I would open the app, it recommend the option to upgrade for $4.99 and eventually (since I liked the app so much) I spent the five bucks. The main features include cliché recommendations such as "your optimal bedtime", do not use back-lit devices before bed (back-lit = any bright screen) and to turn off any lights to get a better night of sleep. Then, it graphs random (and for the most part useless) statistics from the Health app on a simplistic 2 demential bar graph and calls it "revolutionary". Worst five dollars I have ever spent! I don't need a five dollar program to make correlations between how far I cycled and how long I slept. I can track and analyze any of those tasks in my sleep without their 'help'.
My suggestion: get the free app and enjoy the features it give you. It is works well and can tell you a lot about how you sleep. But leave the interpretation of that data to someone else because this app needs a lot of work before it's Premium Features will worth anything.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 07, 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 151 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Neybox Digital Ltd.
- © Neybox Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium$4.99