***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5 and up. WILL NOT be able to run on earlier generations, despite being able to purchase them on those devices***
XCOM®: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion to the 2012 strategy game of the year XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it's now available on iOS devices! Enemy Within features the core gameplay of Enemy Unknown plus more exciting content. Check out the new soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and multiplayer mode for the fresh new strategy gaming experience!
• New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle.
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry.
• New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
• New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
NOTE: XCOM: Enemy Within is a graphically rich game with advanced features. To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.
The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/xcom
Follow us on Twitter: @xcom
For more great games visit: http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/
18+ "запрещено для детей" for Russia
Terms of Service: http://www.take2games.com/legal/
End User License Agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/index.html
Addresses a crash on iPhone 8 devices
Ratings and Reviews
Building upon 2K’s tactical masterpiece XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within adds a bevy of new features that fundamentally alter and improve the experience. With new abilities and mission parameters unlocked from the very first mission, Enemy Within injects tension and surprise into every corner. Fans of Enemy Unknown will find a wealth of new weapons, enemies, and maps that change the game’s flow, while new players will be enthralled as they fend off an alien invasion in intense, turn-based battles.
Xcom unknown vs xcom within
I originally owned the first version xcom unknown. Great game but had some stuttering bugs that annoyed me when playing. Xcom within has been a night and day difference. I'm playing on iPhone 6s Plus iOS 10.2 and seriously the loading is less than 5 seconds for me between launching the battle and being on the ground. In xcom unknown I'd sit there for 30 seconds or more. Graphics are better, controls are better, I have no issues with going up or down a level (use either two fingers swiping up/down or touch the camera icon and use the up/down icon). I'm more than 8 hours into the game with full power armor, new ships, exalt and weapons. I see the DLC for the game in the options but maps are smaller. To me this is a 9 out of 10. I love strategy and action games, this is fluid gameplay and can get really hard fast if you aren't smart with your strategy. Big difference between the two is the DLC, loading times and bigger battles with more than just aliens, humans too. But I must acknowledge that my experience is likely better because I'm on an iPhone 6s Plus so better processor (dual core) and more ram (2gb ram) than previous devices I've used (iPad 2-3, iPhone 5-6). I recommend but best experience will he with newer devices, with the DLC added this second installment was worth buying again for an experienced adult gamer; supports app switching (love I can take a call and get back into the Frey).
I have loved the X-Com games since the 90s
This game is great. Game system quality and I bought it even though I own it on Xbox and pc. I should have reviewed this long ago but I just don’t review things enough. The one problem I have is I can’t play the game and listen to my podcasts. I know you haven’t done any updates in forever but if you could fix that one thing it would get me to play it more. I like to learn and laugh when I play games. I can’t imagine it would be s hard thing to fix. However that is the only problem I have. It’s just a big one because it keeps me from playing it. I love the game and I end up just playing dumb games because I can listen to stuff while playing them. I know I’m just one person asking for this fix but I myself have payed so much for these games over the years. I think I’ve owned every version of
X-Com made. Some I’ve owned more than one copy of. TFTD twice, Apocalypse twice, and enemy unknown for three different systems. Anyone who likes these new ones should go check out the old ones. The graphics aren’t so great but the games are awesome. Anyway thank you for the great games. I’m playing X-Com 2 on PS4 now. Keep up the good work and keep’em coming. Maybe make one more like the old school ones with a whole bunch of solders and time units. Just make it look pretty but other than that just like the old ones. Please. Anyway thanks again.
- 2K, INC.
- 3.5 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © (C) 2005-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.