With Shogi Quest, you can play the game of shogi online against players around the world.
1. Easy signup. You only need to decide your name (no email etc.)
2. Detailed records. Ratings, wins/losses are stored separately for Black/White, different openings and castles, so you can easily grasp your weaknesses.
3. Beginner friendly. There are very weak bots (computers) anyone can beat.
4. You can send a game score by email.
5. You can also play the shogi version of Kriegspiel, called "tsuitate shogi".
6. Cheaters using software assistance are automatically detected and banned.
7. 100% free.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely great app. I love the ability to edit past games for post-game analysis. Easy to use and well matched opponents. The only thing I would add is an ability to send PMs to players, or at least a linked forum on the developer's site -- that way players can seek each other out for re-matches, etc. Thanks for the great app!
Fun to Play But BIG Bug
When you first sign on, you create an ID, but you are not prompted to enter a PW. After a few games, it forces you to log in -- asking for your PW -- which doesn't exist. To add insult to injury, there's no PW reset option, so you're stuck. Only option is to create a new ID and start at the bottom again, playing weak players, until your ID blows up again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.