Back to Bed
By Bedtime Digital Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Back to Bed is a 3D indie puzzle game set in a unique and artistic dream world, wherein you guide the sleepwalker Bob to the safety of his bed. To achieve this, you must take control of Bob’s subconscious guardian named Subob. The pair travels through a surreal and painting-like dream world, filled with objects used to guide Bob towards the Bed, but also dangers that must be avoided!
No ads and no in-app purchases.
"The lines are blurred between art and game. If you feel like being caught between worlds, this is the game to take the trip with." - Touch Arcade
“Back to Bed manages to simultaneously be predictable and surprising, sleepy and lively, scary and comforting—just like any good piece of Surrealist art.” - Killscreen
“Back to Bed is what happens when you let Dali, Escher, and Magritte develop a game.” - PowerUpGaming.co.uk
“What you see isn’t always what it seems, and the moments that use these ploys are some of the best Back to Bed has to offer. It’s mindbending and an utter delight.” - Twinfinite
Awards & Nominations:
- IGF Student Showcase Winner 2013
- Dutch Game Awards 2012: Guts & Glory Award
- Unity Awards 2012: Best Student Project - Nominee
- Nordic Game Indie Night 2012: Finalist
- Casual Connect Europe 2014: Best Console - Nominee
• Unique surreal and artistic game universe: A strange but beautiful dream universe that mixes elements from the real world and the world of dreams to create something unique, surreal and sometimes a bit scary.
• Isometric puzzle levels: Navigate detailed 3D puzzles that defy the laws of physics, wherein the player must manipulate the strange environment to create a safe path Bob and avoid the dangers of the puzzle.
• Two characters as one: Play as the embodied subconsciousness, in the form of a small guardian creature, trying to save its own sleepwalking body from dangers of the dream world.
• Picturesque visual style: Discover the feeling of playing in a piece of art set in a digital frame. A visual style inspired by hand-painted techniques, surreal art and impossible shapes.
• Nightmare mode: Unlock a more challenging version of the game, made for those who truly want to test their puzzle solving skills and enjoy thinking many steps ahead, or who are just too stubborn to give up.
• MFI Controller Supported
Keep up with Back to Bed at www.facebook.com/Backtobedthegame
Back to Bed sends automated bug reports, device information, gameplay and location data. The information sent does not include personal or private information nor can it be used to reveal the identity of a player. The purpose of the data is to discover bugs and improve the experience of Back to Bed on the most common devices. All information is strictly for internal use and will not be provided to any third party.
What's New in Version 1.1.3
After a brief rest, Bob and Subob are now back in the main menu.
Gave Bob a hand at the bed in the first level.
Bland and unimaginative
I really didn't enjoy the handful of levels I played of this game. Controls are terribly clunky and unmanageable. You have essentially d-pad controls but have to move your avatar diagonally, which resulted in me mostly being unable to get the green monster to position itself where I needed it. This is unacceptable in a real-time puzzle game.
I also felt the game realy didn't have anything going for it in terms of design. A guy walks in straight lines and turns right when he hits a wall. Meanwhile, you quickly try to drop giant green apples in front of him to get hit to turn where you want... Very bland.
I'm sure the later parts of the game will add a few more minor mechanics, but I don't think the game will be worth finishing for me.
Great potential! Need to make controls “Tap-To-Walk.”
I think this game has great potential; however, like it has been said already, the controls need fixing before this game is truly enjoyable.
I think this game would be perfectly suited for a “tap to walk” interface. Adding such should be a fairly straightforward process. When a player taps on the screen the game places a temporary marker and the character follows a move-to-marker-while-avoiding-objects instruction. Right now the game is somewhat playable but with an intuitive control scheme, it could be quite enjoyable as well!
BEAUTIFUL GAME, MUST GET!
AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL game!!! I love this game so much! From the backwards talking to the fish and the apple, it is so fun to play these beautifully made puzzles that often defy the laws of geometry.
Pick the swipe control, NOT the joystick control. Works fine, not sure why there are so many complaints.
Why this game has received so many one-stars I will never know. Although it lags on most phones below the iPhone 6 (in my experience), it is still highly playable and very fun.