Battle Fleet 2: WW2 in the Pacific
By Mythical City Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Battle Fleet 2 stacks up very nicely." 8/10 - Pocket Gamer
"Overall, this is a great app" 4.5/5 - AppAdvice
"I could get on board with this" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"Naval Combat Simulator with Depth" - IGM
"Battle Fleet 2 is a boat load of fun." 80/100 - Mouse n Joypad
Welcome to the Pacific Admiral! Your mission is to select a fleet of warships, arm them by selecting their weapons, assign captains and destroy the enemy fleet. You'll have complete control of this mission, all the way down to what angle and how much power should be put into each shot. Battle Fleet 2 is at your command, Admiral!
Battle Fleet 2 is the radically improved sequel to the original and has kept the “Worms” / “Scorched Earth” style angle+power mechanic, but now features full 3D modeling of terrain, ships, and ship hit locations. Hit the the engines and cripple the enemy's maneuverability, or aim for the command center and disable the ship for an entire turn. Ships are more realistic in which weapon compliments they can carry, and ship control is more intuitive. Battle Fleet 2 also now features Fog of War, allowing for stealth tactics and surprise attacks to be a viable strategy as well as adding the importance of using ships and aircraft for recon as well as attacks. With a full featured campaign and a variety of single play scenarios, Battle Fleet 2 will keep even the saltiest of sea-dogs satisfied.
- Build your fleet from 6 different ship classes each with different hardpoint locations for mounting different weapons, different mobility, and different hit locations.
- Use small caliber guns to pinpoint your shot and switch to devastating salvo mode, forcing all available guns to fire at the same location.
- Equip your ships with a wide variety of weapons including AA guns, torpedoes, and different caliber naval artillery.
- Utilize or neutralize bombers and recon planes launched from island bases, aircraft carriers, or cruisers.
- Assign captains to each ship to determine the ship's turn order
- Play the strategic campaign mode, random skirmish mode, full cross platform multiplayer, or even hotseat multiplayer.
- Use recon to clear Fog of War and defeat enemy ground based airfields and coastal artillery.
- Deploy Strategic Command Cards to surprise your enemies with special actions like deploying mines, sabotage, enhanced aiming, airstrikes and more!
- Battle Fleet 2 features full 3D models of US and Japanese WW2 era ships.
View the trailer and find out more at http://www.BattleFleetGame.com
What's New in Version 1.13
- Brand new campaign mode for the Pacific campaign: Clean Slate. This mode allows you to build your fleet from scratch instead of using the historical layout.
- Game Center Achievements added.
- Airfields and coastal artillery leave wreckage when destroyed instead of just disappearing like they used to.
- Destroyers now have 2 mid turrets that fire to both port and starboard, but can no longer carry a medium gun (which never made much sense for a small ship like that).
- Depth charge launchers have an increased firing arc.
- Multiplayer chat has an "incoming communication" message when the other player is typing.
- Kick button added next to player's names in multiplayer.
- General balance tweaks, improvements to AI and campaign AI.
- Fixed 0000 power bug.
- Fixed sabotage bug.
- Added label when a ship is sabotaged or has it's bridge disabled.
- Added "Unavailable" label to your territory ship list so you can quickly see which ships you can move.
- Fixes to localizations.
- Fixed airfield defend bug.
- Submarines retain their highlight diamond when zoomed in.
- Other bug fixes...
Battle Fleet 2
One of mine and my friends favorite game for the I Pad. I would recommend keeping the mechanics pretty much the same however needs added playability. For example more campaign enhancement's such as a what if campaign, choice to pick airfields and shore batteries with prestige points and PT boats, transports, Oilers and limited marine invasion. I find that most games by the third revision change the games mechanics too much and destroy the feel for the game. Keep up the good work.
A steady customer
This app is so addictive that I have had to delete it three times so far so that I wouldn't be tempted to play while other real life issues needed to be addressed. I am a chess player and love the strategy aspect of this game.
My only complaint is that not more people use it so that I might enjoy online games.
Well made, addicting
My favorite game so far on the ipad, it's ingeniously created and once you start a campaign you can't put it down!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 30, 2014
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 90.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mythical City Games Inc.
- © 2014 Capital j Media LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.