Wavefront (wave action puzzle)
By DeNA Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wavefront is a highly rated and innovative action puzzle game making its debut on mobile devices!
* No In-App Purchases - you pay one low price upfront for the chance to play through all the levels!
* Get over 60 levels to start - upcoming FREE updates will expand the game to over 100 levels spread across 11 worlds featuring dozens of unique objects to discover and experience!
Navigate the beauty and hazards of the solar system while riding a wave of light in this unique action-puzzle game!
* Innovative Gameplay! - You've never played a game like this before! Experience the unique wave-manipulation gameplay of Wavefront in a fast-paced action puzzle game like no other.
* Simple Controls! - Slide your finger to manipulate your wave's amplitude and wavelength. Gamers of all skill levels can instantly jump in and play. It's easy to get started, but challenging to master.
* Boomin' EDM Soundtrack! - Electronic music masterpieces, from chilled out ambient tunes to retro beats, accompany you in your journey across the solar system.
* Highly Rated! - The PC version was awarded 81/100 Metascore, with strong reviews from critics and gamers alike.
* Play at your own pace - Take a relaxing ride through space or challenge each level to unlock bonuses and achievements. On each level, the choice is yours to enjoy the zen-like flow of the wave or to get on the edge of your seat for a heart-racing wave run.
* Deep Space Mode - Journey into the far reaches of deep space in 11 different randomly-generated endless scenarios. Strive for the high score and earn your spot on the leaderboards!
On your journey to restore light to a dying galaxy being consumed by a singularity, you'll travel throughout the solar system and interact with a wide variety of strange objects, encountering mind-bending situations that will affect the path of your wave and the world around you.
Simple to play but difficult to master, Wavefront combines the pure fun of retro arcade titles with all the bells and whistles of modern mobile gaming. Colorful graphics and electronic beats accompany the increasingly fascinating and wondrous challenges, featuring mysterious and fun objects like Wormholes, Particle Accelerators, and the enigmatic Space Squids of Venus!
Reviews (PC version):
“The concept of controlling a wave of light is executed flawlessly through beautifully rendered levels and a challenging, but addictive gameplay experience.”
A – Gaming Nexus
“You’re going to want to prepare for a journey across the solar system like no other, and it’s likely one you’re going to want to repeat over and over again”
9/10 – Indie Game Magazine
“It is elegant in its simplicity, but don’t let that fool you... there’s a surprisingly large amount of game and replayability to be had. I see myself coming back to this game often.”
8/10 – Darkstation
Follow us on social media for the latest info on Wavefront and beyond!
What's New in Version 1.35
Wavefront for iOS updated with over 20 new levels and now optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus!
OK mobile port of a good game
I first played this game on PC via Steam. (under the slightly different name Waveform) I quite enjoyed it, and was more than willing to buy a mobile version.
As far as I can tell, it is identical to the PC version. The first ten or so levels are definitely identical. Touch controls work well enough...for now, anyway, but I've yet to work with them on later levels that require a lot of quick and drastic wave adjustments.
There have been a couple app crashes so far, one of which was unfortunately in the middle of a deep space run. Still, all the levels have worked just fine.
I'd recommend the PC version over this one for now, since it's more stable and can be played on a larger screen without your finger getting in the way. Still, for those with no PC, or just a really old one, or those that want to play Waveform on the go, this app is a suitable enough alternative.
Fun but too expensive
Game is fun and entertaining. But too expensive for what it's truly worth.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 1.35
- Size: 211 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: DeNA Co., Ltd.
- © 2014 DeNA Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.