By Mercari, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
THE FAST AND EASY WAY FOR ANYONE TO BUY AND SELL - ALL FROM YOUR PHONE
Shop and sell everything from fashion to toys, sporting goods to electronics, jewelry to shoes. All the brands you know and love. With over 100,000 new and previously loved items listed each day, you never know what treasures you will find.
ANYONE CAN SELL
* Use your phone to sell - and earn money from - the unused things around your home.
* Listing is fast and easy - just snap a photo, add a description, set your price and your item is connected with the millions of people shopping on the app.
* Listings are free - a flat 10% selling fee is only charged when your sale is complete.
* Ship with ease - we’ll email a trackable shipping label to you. Just print, package and ship. No meetups.
* Discover millions of new and used products from brands you love at amazing savings.
* Hundreds of new items for men, women and kids uploaded every minute.
* Buyer Protection Guarantee - payment is held until the item is delivered and the buyer confirms it is as specified.
What's New in Version 5.11.0
In this release, we’ve made shipping even easier!
- FedEx SmartPost – We’ve reintroduced this Economy option; save up to $5 per shipment.
- Guess Your (Shipping) Weight – Our UI now defaults to the most likely weight class.
- USPS Weight Rates – The lowest $4 fixed-rate label now covers up to 1 lb! Pay $7 for 1–3 lbs.
And as always, bugs were squashed and performance was improved. Keep the feedback coming—we’re listening and working on your suggestions.
Flaw in rating system
The app is overall decent. A couple of issues that I’ve seen as a seller is that the funds get held until the buyer rates you or a maximum of 3 days after the buyer actually receives the item. Another issue is that ratings are not accurate. Let me explain. If a buyer gets a refund for what ever reason the seller does not get a rating. So for a example. A person buys an item from a seller. The seller packages an item and the item arrives broken. Some sellers will say “go file a claim I’m not responsible”. So what happens normally is the buyer will eventually get a refund and the seller will get no rating. This is bad because if the seller is known for not properly packing item’s this will never reflect on their rating. They could have 25-50% breakage on all shipments and no one would ever know because you’re unable to rate the buyer. Thus my title “flaw in rating system”. The shipping rates are unbelievable though awesome rates for shipping. MERCARI if you read this add a section for unfulfilled orders or incomplete orders. This will help a buyer better chose a seller based on all order not just the good ones. Which is the only time anyone ever leaves a rating. Interestingly enough I’ve yet to see anyone with below a 3 star rating.
I was a huge fan until I got screwed in the worst time of the year
I got my fiancé a laptop but the seller wasn’t sending it so I found another seller and cancelled the first one, no biggy. Until a week or so later I still got charged for the cancelled order even though it was never sent. I was confused. I messaged Mercari and have to wait days for a response until finally they got back to me and told me they refunded me. I checked I haven’t received my money. I called my bank and was told that they haven’t processed anything through Mercari. So I lost $400. I don’t understand why I was still charged. Still haven’t received my money back. I loved this app until this situation, shop at your own risk. I would recommend OfferUp over Mercari any day.
Search bar to find specific sellers or buyers
I think you misunderstood what I was asking for. I’m saying that if I have a seller I love to buy from and I want to share that seller with a friend, there is no way for my friend to find that specific seller. For example : If you like a certain page on Facebook you can share that page name with family & friends and they can go to the search bar and type that specific page to find it. On Mercari you can’t do that, so I can’t share the awesome sellers to friends and family.