Appointment With F.E.A.R.
By Tin Man Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Travel back to the 1980s as a superpowered defender of justice in this all-new edition of Steve Jackson's Appointment With FEAR! This dynamic edition is stylized as an interactive graphic novel. Your choices guide you towards new villains, super dilemmas, and ultimately, the Titanium Cyborg himself!
As Titan City’s courageous and incorruptible champion of law and order, use your super powers to protect its innocent citizens from the danger and
deviousness of a host of super-villains bent on taking over the world!
Your mission is to discover the location of the top-secret FEAR meeting, capture the Titanium Cyborg and his cohorts and bring them to justice.
** REVIEWS **
“There are loving references to real comics everywhere, the tone of the story is just right, and the presentation is stylish and energetic.”
4.5/5 – TouchArcade
“A bright, bold, and rather brilliant gamebook, Appointment with FEAR is a step in an interesting new direction.”
9/10 – Pocket Gamer
“It’s very, very replayable; you’ll get through your first game quickly and then find yourself diving in again straight away.”
9/10 – Starburst Magazine
"Ever wanted to be a superhero? Appointment With F.E.A.R is a fine way to live that dream."
4.5/5 - 148Apps
** FEATURES **
• Customize your CHARACTER and COSTUME!
• Choose your gender for a fully customizable SUPER HERO!
• Different SUPER POWERS to choose from which give unique styles of play!
• Awesome COMIC BOOK stylized presentation! A graphic novel which YOU control!
• Solve crimes by discovering CLUES and using your high-tech CRIME WATCH.
• Over thirty SUPERVILLAINS to fight! Beat TIGER CAT, CHAINSAW BRONSKI and MORE!
Appointment With FEAR has been created using Tin Man Games’ enhanced Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• Hidden achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
• Narrative-based combat! Watch the battle unfold as combatants trade quips!
• Trading cards, including special rare cards. Collect them all!
• Advanced Checkpoint system easily allows you to jump to previously visited locations!
• Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
Tin Man Games have signed a licensing deal to release the Fighting Fantasy series on iOS, so expect to see more of your favourite adventure gamebooks appearing soon!
Available Now: The Forest of Doom, Starship Traveller, House of Hell, Blood of the Zombies and Island of the Lizard King.
Coming Soon... The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Deathtrap Dungeon, City of Thieves, Citadel of Chaos and more!
What's New in Version 1.04
Your CRIMEWATCH is beeping!
BEEP BEEP BEEP! BUGS DETECTED!
Attention Crimefighters! The Minions at Tin HQ have found and eradicated some more pesky bugs!
* When you turn the sound effects off, now ALL sound effects will actually turn off. Fight crime at work in ninja mode!
* Issues that some of our european localized players were having should all be fixed
* F.E.A.R. cards should always be saved now! Collect them all!
* a heap of other stability and compatibility improvements
Looks great, horrible writing.
For a gamebook, writing is key. Unfortunately for this particular gamebook, the writing is absolutely dreadful. Things are often repeated in the same sentence they were introduced. "Courageously dodging your grab, radiation dog leans away from your grab..." That's just redundant. Did the creators fail to check the writing on this one? Seriously, it's terrible! I expect much better writing from something like this, especially tin man games.
great presentation - not Tin Man's best to date.
This game doesn't feel like a typical Tin Man game. The writing is occasionally cleverly ironic in its overt obviousness, making fun of stereotypical superhero dialog - but it not the creative story telling that surrounds the imagination that you encounter in most game books.
Interesting idea, but story was more frustrating than fun. The story is just too random, and dependent on a collection of choices that you need to get right by luck rather than previously gathered information.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 05, 2014
- Version: 1.04
- Size: 107 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tin Man Games Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Tin Man Games Pty. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.