By Logan Engstrom
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the ad free version here - 75% off for a limited time! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hextris-ad-free/id912895524?ls=1&mt=8
Rotate the Hexagon to prevent the blocks from stacking outside the outer grey hexagon!
HEXTRIS is a fast paced puzzle game inspired by Tetris. Blocks start on the edges of the screen, and fall towards the inner blue hexagon. The objective of the game is to prevent the blocks from stacking outside the area of the grey hexagon. To do this, you must rotate the hexagon to manage different stacks of blocks on each face. Aim to connect 3 or more blocks of the same color: when 3 or more blocks of the same color touch each other, they are destroyed, and the blocks above them slide down! Destroying multiple series of blocks grants combos, whose durations are indicated by a quickly receding outline around the outer, grey hexagon. You lose once blocks on a face of the hexagon stack outside of the outer hexagon!
What's New in Version 1.1.0
We added an ad free version here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hextris-ad-free/id912895524?ls=1&mt=8
Following Hextris' massively successful release on Twitter, Hacker News, and a plethora of both foreign and domestic news sources (thanks guys!) we were given a ton of feedback. We've tried to address as much of it as possible - however, there are still a few mechanics we're playing with that we hope to release later on.
Changes from 1.0 to 1.1:
- Made game physics independent from rendering
- Physics update every 1/60th of a second (16.66 ms) while the renderer just renders as fast as it can using requestAnimationFrame
- Moved restart button onto pause menu to prevent people from accidentally tapping it during gameplay
- Updated license to GPL
- Fixed bug report button to point to http://github.com/hextris/hextris/issues
- Added social network "share" buttons
- Twitter in particular - added "Share your score!" button
- Modified widths of social network share buttons to keep up with demand (1000 likes takes up more space than 0 likes)
- Added fb open-graph code (Thanks @leereilly !)
- Ads now on top rather than bottom
- Fixed issue in which one could not exit the help text screen
10/10 would play
I was never a fan of mobile games, but Hextris changed my life. Trying to get high scores on this game has become my personal pursuit of happiness, and I HIGHLY recommend that everyone make it theirs as well. Thank you whoever made this game. Thank you.
Difficult to control on phone screen
Neat concept but the controls are buggy-- the 2-handed play means I keep accidentally tapping other things (the ads, the center area that speeds up play, the pause button). It's also counterintuitive because the shape is 360 degrees, so "right" and "left" is relative to your focal point, which changes constantly. Controls should be like spinning a wheel, not tapping on either side.
Really fun. There's room to improve it by removing some of the description that clutters it up in the beginning other than the directions. Add some atmospheric music and background customisations to get it to another level.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 06, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Logan Engstrom
- © Logan Engstrom
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.