By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get the official Google Calendar app for your iPhone or iPad to save time and make the most of every day.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Quickly switch between month, week and day view.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• To-dos - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
• Goals - Add personal goals—like “run 3 times a week”—and Calendar will schedule time for them automatically.
• Quick event creation - Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people save you time when creating events.
• All your calendars in one place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your device, including Exchange and iCloud.
Google Calendar is integrated with Apple Health to track your workouts and mark Goals as done automatically.
What's New in Version 2.24
• This new version includes iOS 11 and iPhone X support, including Drag & Drop. For example, drag a document from a G Suite application, like Google Docs, into the attachment field of an event or drag text from Safari into the description of an event.
Convenient but could be improved
I love the colors to be able to tell the difference. I also love the ability to share events with people. I do wish that I could add the same event to multiple days. For example, work, for people who don’t work the same days every week. If I work and 7am-7pm multiple days a week; that I could just type in the information and just click on the different days that I work. Another example would be for volunteering events; I have to keep typing them in, because they don’t repeat on the same days of the week each week. It’s a huge downside. I keep hoping there will be an update with it. But I may start looking for another app. Additionally, it would be nice to have more neon colors for color coordination. As me and my husband share calendars and have events for the kids. It would really help separate each of those things. I often run out of colors.
Easy to use - sort of
There's no way to change which person's calendar is attached to an event once that event is created.
There's no way to remove background images automatically generated by the use of key words in the name of an event ('dentist', dinner', 'running') from that event. So if you're scanning for a certain set of appointments all in the same person's calendar, the events with background images are not the same color and are easy to miss.
This is a really stupid design flaw, given that the app's designers gave us the option to remove maps from the 'location' section of an event. Why not have the same option for images that make the app harder to rely on??
Title Too Long
I know this is a small and somewhat petty complaint, but it bothers me that the full app title won’t fit and instead reads as “GoogleCalen...” If possible, it would help my Type A brain to see a short enough title that it would fit. I know you can’t use just calendar because that’s the name of the Apple calendar app, but maybe GCalender or GoogleCal?
Otherwise, I absolutely adore this app. It was the last step in my transition to all Google Apps on my iPhone, and I love it. Of course, I’d also love to see the date on the icon change like the Apple calendar app does, but I understand if that’s not possible.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 03, 2018
- Version: 2.24
- Size: 133 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.