TextExpander 3 + custom keyboard
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Type faster on your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® in any App using the TextExpander keyboard. The keyboard enables custom abbreviations to expand into long snippets of text, such as addresses, URLs, email signatures, and form letters. You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation "ddate"!
Access all your TextExpander snippets while in Mail, Safari, anywhere!
How does that work? Make an abbreviation “eemail” and have it expand into “email@example.com.”
Use advanced TextExpander snippets in over 60 apps with integrated support, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms. See www.smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
With advanced snippets you can even use fill-in-the-blanks to breeze through form letters.
If you use TextExpander on the Mac® you can sync your snippets via Dropbox or iCloud Drive, or share snippet groups with iPhones and iPads on the same Wi-Fi network.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Expand custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text
- Works in all Apps via TextExpander custom keyboard
- Expand text such as greetings, email signatures, form letters
- Correct typos automatically
- Insert today's date with the short abbreviation “ddate”
- Use and search multiple snippet groups
- Use Dropbox or iCloud Drive to sync snippets with your Mac
- Add Predefined Groups such as autocorrect, accented words, Emoji, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Includes keyboards for: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Includes QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY layout support for English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish keyboards
- Use TextExpander’s in-app Notes with advanced fill-in-the-blank and formatted text support
- Automatically send your notes as email, text messages, and tweets
- Advanced features supported in over 60 apps, including Byword, Dispatch, Drafts, Fantastical 2, Launch Center Pro, OmniFocus for iPhone, OmniOutliner for iPad, TaskAgent, and Tap Forms
What's New in Version 3.5.4
- Resolves issue with deleting groups in search results
- Resolves VoiceOver issue with the introduction
- Other minor fixes and improvements
All around not so good
A few major issues
1 the keyboard is bad. they should have modeled it after the ios9 keyboard
2 on the iPad pro it has bugs
3 same issue as all the other with the sync problem
4 compatability not widespread
Switched to attest on OS X and waiting for an alternative for iOS.
Past customers who don't switch to costlier subscription model are abandoned
I use the latest version of the stand alone ios version. All if a sudden it no longer syncs with icloud. No answers in their support page.
Still not perfect
I am an old fan of TextExpander on Mac. In many years I have always enjoyed a high standard coding product and responsive support by the developer. Unfortunately, this time I am deeply frustrated as the latest update of the iOS companion app is still too clunky. That keyboard doesn't work the way it should, period. I hope that the developer will fix this piece of software and make it valuable back.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 3.5.4
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2015 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.