NWPaHeritage is a free app that puts the history of Northwestern Pennsylvania (Crawford and Venango Counties, and the Oil Heritage Region) at your fingertips. Explore unique historic places and take self-guided walking tours. Find interesting people, places and events in NW Pennsylvania history. With a growing list of interpretive stories, each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the location, along with historic images from archival collections and historical publications. You can find more information about northwestern Pennsylvania history by visiting the project website at www.nwpaheritage.org.
Welcome to Northwestern Pennsylvania Heritage 3.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.