The WiFi Advisor application is designed to work in conjunction with Viavi Solutions WFED-300AC WiFi test devices as part of the Viavi Solutions WiFi Advisor Wireless LAN Analyzer. The WiFi Advisor Wireless LAN Analyzer is a portable WiFi test solution that allows Installation Professionals of all skill levels to efficiently optimize and troubleshoot WiFi networks, develop a whole-home view of real WiFi performance / throughput margin, and deliver educational performance information directly to the end customer. The WiFi Advisor application provides the following:
· Improve your customer’s long-term Quality of Experience and reduce trouble calls / repeats by installing resilient WiFi networks using Viavi Solutions’s unique TrueMargin™ analysis.
· Reduce Mean Time to Repair with a visually intuitive suite of WiFi troubleshooting tools that include recommendations for best channel and steps to optimize your WiFi networks.
· Assess performance of a wide range of end-user WiFi device classes (802.11b/g 1x1 through 802.11ac 3x3 with MIMO) using the WiFi Advisor’s highly configurable radio.
· Educate your customers regarding the real performance of their WiFi network to reduce avoidable troubles and repeats with the Site Performance Report.
· Enable WiFi test conformance and repeatability across your workforce through a standardized approach to WiFi turn-up in the home.
· Whole-home WiFi performance mapping and real throughput analysis using TrueMargin™
· Wireless IPTV service installation
· End-User education – help your customers understand what their WiFi network can support (and what it cannot!)
· WiFi network troubleshooting
· WiFi network optimization
Fix bluetooth connectivity issue in iOS11.2 devices
Ratings and Reviews
See the unknown
These analyzers work amazing. They give you the ability to see the WiFi spectrum in its entirety. No other devices on the market can do that. I once found a customers sound bar was destroying his entire network. Without this tool we would have never known the cause of his issues.
I can read, apparently some can't...
it plainly states in the write up that it requires a separate unit to work.
don't put a 1-star rating because you're an idiot!
JDSU has always made quality products. i will be aquiring said antenna (which is what the "box" is really) and giving a better, FACTUAL update as soon as possible.
and no, i do not work for them. but i, at least, have used this type of test equipment in the past, and can give a real review.
App for a $1500+ WiFi analyzer
This app will do nothing without being attached to a separate device that sells for around $1200 refurbished. Might be awesome for someone who has the hardware... which I do not.
If developer included some neat or example features using the built-in WiFi nic in the iOS device, showing that the analysis would be better with the separate hardware, the app may have had some value.
The developer should charge like $5 for the app. It would dissuade casual downloads; and not phase someone who would lay out $1500 for a WiFi analyzer. They could include a $5 coupon in the packaging if they expect push back.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.