Waco History is a free app that puts the history of Waco and McLennan County at your fingertips. Find interesting people, places, and events in Waco’s history, and even take tours of the city and region. Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the site along with historic images from Baylor University’s Texas Collection and other local archives. Many sites also include audio clips and short videos from the collections of the Institute for Oral History at Baylor University. Waco History is a collaborative project with entries created by teachers, students, professors, and community members, curated by the Institute for Oral History at Baylor University. Visit the website at WACOHISTORY.ORG.
Welcome to Waco History 3.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
*3.0.1 includes minor fixes and layout improvements for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Great Local Waco App
Whenever I’m in a new part of town I pull out my phone and open this app to see the history of the neighborhood. Great app.
A good start
I really enjoy this app. I hope some functionality, as well as places and events will be added later, like WWI's Rich Field air base, and historic cemeteries. It would be nice to have a "Suggestion Box" so users could suggest places and events. I would also like to be able to view a current Street View so I could see what those locations look like today.
- Cleveland State University Research Corporation
- 43.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Baylor University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.