By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep your eye on the sky with Storm by Weather Underground. High definition radar, advanced storm cell tracking, severe weather outlooks and real-time severe weather alerts make this the best app to have by your side when weather is closing in. View current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts at a glance and in a more detailed view. Now available free for iPhone and iPad!
• Radar: The highest resolution (250m) radar showing interactive animations for past and future data
• Single site sweeping radar: get near real-time data from each radar site. Choose the radar site nearest your current location and view real-time reports on reflectivity and velocity.
• Global Radar: An experimental radar layer with worldwide coverage. It combines existing radar data with a computer model proxy when data is not available.
• Storm Tracks: Storm Tracks utilize the most advanced severe weather algorithms to provide a detailed analysis of an impending storm. This includes a storm strength rating, detailed components of the storm (such as wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes), the speed and direction of the storm, populated cities in its path, the precipitation rate, and much more.
• Severe Outlooks: See the overall severe weather threat for the next 3 days with details available by tapping on any risk level visible on the map.
• Lightning: View lightning 100 miles around your selected location (Continental US only)
• More: Full screen map with customizable data layers including: animated surface and jet stream level winds, earthquakes, fronts, tropical data, severe weather alerts, and more
Experience Storm on your Apple Watch! Configure the Glance view directly on your Watch to view the weather data most important to you. View real-time alerts for precipitation, lightning and severe weather. Access Storm data through Apple Watch Complications.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• Push notifications for precipitation, lightning (within a customizable radius) and detailed NOAA and Environment Canada severe weather alerts.
• In-App alerts for precipitation, lightning and weather alerts from the NOAA, Environment Canada, MeteoAlarm and The Weather Companies
• Hyper-local weather data powered by Weather Underground's network of over 180,000 personal weather stations
• Tap on current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts to view more detailed weather data in list or graph view
• Social weather: share storm tracking and radar data with your friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, or Twitter
• Today widget for iOS 8 or higher showing real-time alerts for lightning, precipitation, and severe weather
• Available for iPhone and iPad
Removal of Ads
• Yearly subscription (non renewing subscription)
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Monthly subscription (automatically renewed until cancelled)
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.9.8
Most comprehensive weather app
Best weather app I've found so far. I use Wunderground's full website, but was underwhelmed by the Wundermap app. So happy they came up with this one, that has the most weather information at your fingertips of any weather app I have used. My only wish, as a pilot, is if it had aviation weather including winds aloft. If they had this, it would be every pilots dream weather app. The discussion tab is invaluable for overall picture of changing weather. This is a fantastic feature.
Update: would like aviation meter and taf with winds aloft, but in the discussion tab (which is hard to find...it's in the daily forecast, far right icon) there is aviation discussion by NWS, where the discuss general trends and this is really helpful too.
They Finally Got It Right
This app has been around for a while, but I think it was recently acquired by a different group. Finally, they got it right! It shows both past and predicted future radar tracks up to 5 hours ahead. This is something I have checked out many weather apps to get and most do not provide the predicted future tracks for that far ahead. Living in an area prone to tornadoes and storms at times this is important to me.
It is definitely worth the $1.99 upgrade for a 12 month subscription to get the damm ads turned off. And since this guarantees a reasonable continuing revenue stream for the developer, they have an incentive to keep it supported and updated.
More useful info, well displayed
Most weather apps show barometric pressure; without indication whether it's rising or falling, it's not too useful, especially if you haven't memorized what normal pressure is. This app shows history graphs for pressure and a host of other parameters, so you can see how they are trending.
Other displays are readable and separated, so you can concentrate on hourly, daily, current, bulletins, or videos. Current also compares temperature with records and averages.
It's also fun during storms to get a phone alert almost simultaneously with a thunderclap!
I've loaded several weather apps, looking for The One, and this, along with Weather Underground, which Storm links to, is becoming my main source.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 1.9.8
- Size: 93.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Weather Underground. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Subscription to Ad Free Version (1 year)$1.99
- Boating package$0.99