Google Photos - unlimited photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• Sharing photos with friends just got easier. Check the new Sharing tab for smart, personalized suggestions that help you quickly share the right photos with the right people.
• Grant a trusted person—whether it’s a spouse, best friend, or family member—access to some, or all, of your photos. No more asking each other for photos.
• Set up rules to only share photos of specific people or time ranges.
Awful experience- except one thing
I am a photographer and relied heavy on Best Albums, Web Albums and everything about Google Photos. I love how the previous applications worked consistently on my desktop, laptop, iPad and my iPhone 6. It was great to have photos in a cache and I could view them on the go with or without WiFi or internet connection. It was super to view the images in a slideshow or individually on all platforms. Also Best Albums was password protected to keep people from viewing or downloading my images. Apparently the developers didn't understand, review or get feedback when they created Google photos. Now with the latest version of Google photos I don't have slideshow capabilities on my smartphone or tablet - I sent in a request for this and they made slideshow work for the desktop only. I no longer have password protection, I have to be connected to the internet to see photos (as a photographer I am in remote country areas doing shoots and like to show Models poses or previous concepts - can't use Google photos in those locations). The only feature I do like in Google photos is the feature which allows the models to make comments on my photos - collaboration is great. Please please make Google photos work as good as Best Album on mobile platforms worked!
Loved the face recognition function but..
Loved the face recognition function but a bit inconvenient because I have two gmails - one for work and one work personal, and I want the photo actually combined. For example, when I try to make a birthday video for my brother, I want to get as many photo as possible for the video but I had to go to one account, get it, and then go to another account. In addition, I think the face recognition function should show by frequency - my more familiar friends and family shows up to the top while those one off strangers (e.g. We took a photo in Disney with the princess and she kept showing up on the photo) to be bottom. Also, is there a way to recognition their name without me putting in? Like connecting to my FB or something?
Loved the movie function and short videos, but is unclear to me which of them can be made as movies and if I can make movies myself. Loved them but only few shows on my assist and not sure how to get more.
A lifesaver, but could use improvement
Google Photos has been incredibly helpful to me in clearing space off my phone. I love being able to access my photos from any device as well. The useful tools (auto-created things, reminder cards, etc.) are also great, and I appreciate having the option to keep or discard auto-created things. I have a couple of complaints, though. First, I wish this app could upload photos in the background. It only seems to work when I have the app pulled up on screen, not when the phone is off or when I have anything else pulled up. (Maybe I'm clueless and it can't work that way, but it would be so nice not to have to leave my phone screen on for hours to make progress.) Also, I have had trouble trying to share photos and especially videos directly from the cloud. It just never seems to work for me. Other than these things, I love this app and service.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 05, 2017
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 168 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.