By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What's New in Version 3.7.0
Suggested photo books
• We create suggested photo books from your best moments—trips, kids, and more.
• Finding photos of your pet just got easier. We will group photos of your pet so that you can label your cat or dog and search by name.
Love the unlimited space for photos and how i can delete them from my phone , don’t care i they limit the size it’s still pretty good quality, facial recognition is THE best .... love all the Auto albums and Assistant ,
1 one thing I wish they had was the memories feature that IOS photos , auto creates a little mini movie/collage with audio based on the pics you’ve taken recently or from a trip AND you can edit it ( it’s a bit more compelling than google’s)...also needs better integration with Google snap seed , a really great photo editor .... all in all it’s the best photo app of them all and it’s bound to get better
Google Photos App
I just started using the app, but so far it's been very useful and I find myself using it more than both my standard and custom-downloaded photo apps. I especially love the customized (with no input or time required by me) occasion collages, videos and animations created from still photos. It’s brilliant! The one that made me decide to post a review was one pre-named “They Grow Up So Fast”...it created a movie of my children and family at special occasions “growing up”. I would definitely recommend this photo app!
LOVE it, but problems with latest update!
I love Google photos! I suggest it to all my friends and family. But with the latest update there are several problems I've found. Name search results in photos that named individual is not in; photos are displaying incorrect date, but when info viewed individually shows the correct date.
Also with recent versions, it's doing something it never did before, which is it runs even when it's not open! Before, the app would only backup/upload when I would open the app -how it should work! Now, it backups / uploads my photos even when the app isn't open! And there's no setting to disable this shady feature!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 3.7.0
- Size: 180 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.