Google Photos - free photo and video storage
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
What's New in Version 2.14.0
• View photos and videos on your TV using AirPlay
• Performance improvements
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PICS?!?!
When I first got this app, it was wonderful. I mean, I've only got 5 gigs on my phone, so I was constantly deleting images, until, i found google photos. I got to keep hundreds of photos for hardly any storage. It was glorious, and life was good.
And then, it wasn't. I was starting to run out of space again so I went on to the google photo app so all of my photos could be backed up and I could delete them off my photo app. I pressed the app, but instead of being welcomed with all my images and the home screen I had been seeing for months, it had my name and a huge button on the bottom that said "get started". I didn't know what to think of it, so i pressed it. I went through all of the steps and junk, and when I finally finished it and looked at all my photos, they were all gone. Pictures of my baby cousin who is all grown up now, pictures of the ocean at sunset that I actually took, pictures of my friends, my family, YEARS AND YEARS OF PHOTOS, GONE. It was horrible. I couldn't reverse what I did, so now I just have to live without them. It's going to be hard, but at least I've got something to blame, google photos.
So, now you know my little story, and I warn you, DO NOT GET THIS APP. I repeat, DO NOT GET THIS APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will regret it.
This is the most useful tool I have found for my phone to date
I added all photos to my google drive, and deleted them off of my phone. I have been able to free up a lot of space on that. The rate for cloud space on Google versus Apple is unparalleled. Google gives so much more for the exact same amount of money. I'm not sure Google has to back up my phone altogether, because if I could I would. I do not ever want to pay a single penny for apples back up cloud stuff. But I did. However, this app has allowed me to have all of my videos and photos, and even my heckin memes to be safely backed up, and carefully organized. Yay google.
Low key though, google has access to all of my info, because I love what they do with it. It actually makes my life easier. 😊
Why haven't I used this Before? Doh! 🤦♀️🤷♀️😲
All I can say is this is the best storage for pix and videos as well as Google Drive which I've been using for a long time.!! The Google photos is so simple to use, just set it and forget it 🤣 but so true. Great if you need a bunch of secure storage for pix, vids, and all other needed backups being taken care of in the background automatically, it's great to
Cuz you can link to all devices and have access to all you need wherever u are. Great app just get it and see for yourself, I will wonder why 🤔 😲u waited so long as I did 🤷♀️🤦♀️ But nothing is slowing me down now🤗🤓 Toodles! Jen-X® The Wicked One™ <--jk 😜
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Version: 2.14.0
- Size: 165 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.