Built for convenient access to real-time student information like grades, assignments, and attendance, the PowerSchool Mobile App provides enhanced functionality for parents, guardians, and students.
• Get easy access to the most important student data with an updated user interface, dashboard, and improved app structure
• Use new dashboard widgets for quick access to important information including: GPA, Class Overview, Assignments Due, Assignments Graded, Attendance, School Bulletins, Meal Balance, and Fees
• Customize the dashboard by reordering or hiding widgets to prioritize the information that is most important to you
• Access class information and grades across terms and drill-down to detailed views of class assignments, attendance, and standards
• View class assignments for the week or month in a new calendar view, and drill-down to assignment details
• Manage push and email notifications, student profiles, access school information, and more
PowerSchool is the leading K-12 education technology provider of solutions that improve the education experience for 100 million students, teachers, and parents in over 70 countries around the world.
To access the PowerSchool Mobile App, your school district must be using the PowerSchool Student Information System. If you are not sure what SIS your school is using, contact your school or district.
• Requires iOS version 10.0 or higher
• Access to PowerSchool is controlled by school administration
• Requires a wireless connection or mobile data plan
• Users must consent to receive push notifications when connecting to servers outside of the United States
• Meal Balance totals are only available if your school uses the PowerLunch meal management feature in the PowerSchool SIS
This release provides a new enhanced student schedule, and fixes to existing issues.
* A new main navigation button allows users to open a bell schedule view of the day (iPhone) or week (iPad) which includes course name, period, start and end times, and room number for each class.
* Resolves existing issues related to authentication and data sync.
Ratings and Reviews
Fix Your App
I've been using PowerSchool Mobile for about 2 years now, and ever since I first opened the app, it's had serious issues. For starters, I have to sign in not once, but twice to check my grades. This alone wouldn't be such a large issue if it didn't take nearly a minute for the page to refresh to even allow you to sign in for a second time. I remember at the start of the 3rd quarter of last school year, the app had a massive malfunction, affecting all those attending my school at the time. We were left unable to check our grades for nearly a week. As I am typing this, the app again is experiencing difficulties, as notifications appear to be turned off all across campus. I checked my settings, and nothing seems to be preventing notifications from coming through. I've even talked to my peers about this concern, and it appears to again, be a school-wide issue. The app itself is a great concept, allowing students to check grades on the go. However, with so many issues and new ones popping up every other week, it just seems like little care and effort is put into PowerSchool Mobile.
PowerSchool has been a very helpful app to keep up with all my grades. You can log on from more than one device, such as your phone, if you have the app, or your computer. As long as I have my phone it shows me my grades and it updates them automatically soon as one is put in. More than one person can have the app too. My parents look at it to make sure I’m keeping up. It shows you how many absences you have had, it also shows you the reviews your teacher gives you after the quarter of school. You can also see grades from previous classes you had and the ones you will have coming up. It shows you the grade of each individual assignment and any comments your teacher had about it.
Helpful but very annoying.
Although it may seem this rating is harsh, the process to log in every single time you want to open this app is very annoying. I like to check PowerSchool often to see how my progress is and in each class. When I heard about the PowerSchool app I was thrilled. In order to escape from the dreadful error messages for not using PowerSchool for a certain extent of time, I downloaded this app. I was very disappointed because of the numerous times I would quickly check my grades and research more in depth half an hour later only to find I needed to log in again. To the devs, please fix these problems. It is absolutely unnecessary to log in every time you want to use the app. Such “security precautions” are unacceptable. In the meantime I will use the more convenient PowerSchool which can be found by searching it up in safari(google chrome etc.).
Developer Response ,
We are sorry that you must sign in multiple times. Some school districts require that users sign in each time that they access the app for security reasons. If possible, could you contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can identify your school district and help you understand if this is the case?
- PowerSchool Group LLC
- 140.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 PowerSchool Group LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.