By BloomSky Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access live weather reporting, real-time pictures, time-lapses, and forecasts from BloomSky weather cameras around the world. Sun, rain, clouds, fog, and storms - all clearly visible from a network of local stations, giving you a comprehensive understanding of the weather conditions when you need it.
Accurate and Local:
• Up-to-the-minute images from a network of local weather cameras replaces unreliable weather icons to give an accurate weather report
• An easy to understand color system accurately displays temperature, humidity, air pressure, and UV exposure
• An hour by hour temperature graph provides a forecast for each location
• Use the ‘Explore’ tab to view a map of BloomSky weather cameras; tap the map icon for a glimpse of the location’s view
• Immersive time-lapse videos provide an overview of an entire day’s weather
• Combine traditional weather data with an image to get a true understanding of the conditions
• Save frequently viewed weather stations in a ‘favorite list’ for quick reference and side by side comparison
• Choose between numerical data or easy to understand descriptions for common weather components such as dew point, air pressure, and UV exposure
• Share weather images and time-lapse videos directly to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or download for later
• View the conditions at popular locations such as national parks, landmarks, hiking and biking trails, ski resorts, golf courses, and Hotels
• Coming soon: wind speed, direction, and rainfall via the new BloomSky Storm anemometer and rain sensor
What people are saying:
“I found myself fascinated not only by watching the sun arc across the sky above my home, but also watching time-lapse videos of weather patterns recorded from the Bay Area to Paris.” - San Francisco Chronicle
We’d love to hear from you! If you love the BloomSky experience, please rate and review us in the App store. If you have questions or suggestions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 3.1.6
We regularly release new versions of the App to make it better. Here's what we've done.
- Updated setup interface for SKY devices.
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
This is a great little App. It has improved quite a bit since I first started using it. I love the ability to explore other BloomSky stations and favorite/follow them. I think the ability to view the cam pictures of the last week as quite cool. The weather buzz feature is a nifty way to share local weather events with station followers. But the App could be better... I think it needs to display wind chill/heat index. Wind chill and heat index is import weather info. And while the cam history is nice I'd really like to see some past weather data history/graphs. I know, I know that's what the dashboard is for but its not exactly small device friendly and it seems to be down an awful lot. But that's for a different review, I guess, this is about the
App. And finally... optimizing it for the IPad would be nice.
Theirs no way to report sky devices.
I've seen some people place there sky devices indoors and totally ruining the data. There needs to be a way to report these devices that are put indoors. It should notify the owner of the device that they should move there device to a suitable location.
A good start
I enjoy the app for monitoring current weather in my backyard, but the forecasts lack detail and historical data isn't available through the app. For that you have to go to a website which isn't mobile friendly.