Videostream Mobile for Chromecast — Cast videos, music, and photos from your computer to Chromecast
By Groupnotes Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Videostream lets you stream local videos (downloads, etc.) from your computer to your Chromecast or Android TV in full HD! This iPhone/iPad app will remote control Videostream, which is an easy-to-use Chrome app (Get it for free at www.getVideostream.com). Enjoy your videos on the big screen!
We're working as fast as we can to make Videostream amazing to use. We want to let you wirelessly stream your videos hassle free, WITHOUT installing a media server! Non-techies, this is the Chromecast app for you!
Contact us directly with ANY problem! We'll fix anything and troubleshoot with you to avoid a bad review :) Just go to www.getVideostream.com
The mobile app is free! No upgrades here or purchases.
* The fastest set up of any Chromecast media streaming app for your computer
* Simply pick video files you want to watch on your TV
* No need to run a "media server" that makes your computer run slow
* You don't need a computer degree to use it
* Can play many video formats including mkv, avi, mp4, and more!
* Actually uses video streaming and NOT screen mirroring
Currently we support:
* Full support for MP4, AVI and MKV files (and 450+ others!)
* Android TV (Sony, Sharp, Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield)
* Mp3 streaming
* Photo display
* Full 1080p streaming of downloaded videos (including 3D videos!)
* Volume control
All streamed from your computer (Mac, Windows, Linux) to your TV over the Chromecast! Videos also work on the Nexus Player (and other android TV devices).
What's New in Version 2.0
Brand new iOS app written from the ground up!
- Media browsing/playing desktop files all from your phone
- Improved subtitle control,
- Many bug fixes
- Auto play next capability (premium only)
New version not working
This new version with control over the app didnt even find the videostream over my network.
Big fan of this app!
Works great! After fixing firewall, app can find Videostream
Initially, the app was unable to find Videostream on my computer through the wifi network. Turns out the problem was with my firewall, and I had to use their network repair tool (if you click the "help" button on the chrome extension, then select "mobile app can't find Videostream"). I had to close Google Chrome, end all chrome tasks in Task Manager, and exit my firewall for the network repair tool to work. I was also using a VPN and Peer Block at the time, and after exiting those programs too, the app finally worked. After the app paired with my computer, I just reopened the firewall, VPN, and Peer Block with no app issues.
As for improvements, I wish the app also had the ability to offset the subtitles like the computer can, as this would be much more convenient to do instead of getting up from the couch and heading to the computer every time the subtitles are off.
Overall, the app is working great and the performance is amazing!! I wish I knew about this app sooner!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 29, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Groupnotes Inc
- © Groupnotes Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.