Firefox web browser
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted one of the Most Trusted Internet Companies for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS. Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience. That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
- Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines - every time.
- Add any search provider
- Easily access shortcuts to search providers
- Your personal information belongs to you. In Private Browsing mode, Firefox won’t remember any of your history or cookies, but new bookmarks will be saved.
- Delete your browsing history, passwords and more in a single tap.
- Choose the private data you want to remove.
- **iOS 9 required for Private Browsing mode**
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
- With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
- Firefox can also remember your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
- Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
- Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
- Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
Learn more about Firefox for iOS:
- Have questions or need help? Visit support.mozilla.org/mobile
- Read about Firefox permissions: mzl.la/Permissions
- Learn more about what’s up at Mozilla: blog.mozilla.org
- Like Firefox on Facebook: mzl.la/FXFacebook
- Follow Firefox on Twitter: mzl.la/FXTwitter
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. We build products like Firefox to promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Learn more at mozilla.org
What's New in Version 6.1
This release fixes a bug that prevented some people from logging in to their Firefox Account or to create a new account.
I decided I was moving completely from Chrome and Safari and was moving to Firefox. The app is good and easily on the same level as the others. But after a couple days I have learned there is no way to choose folders where you want bookmarked sites to go they just go into the "mobile bookmark" location and apparently if you use an iOS device there is a problem syncing so this location is not even accessible from the Firefox browser for the desktop. This makes the app unusable for me and in turn there is no reason for me to use the Firefox desktop version either. I need to be able to have all my bookmarks sync both ways on multiple devices and all bookmarks accessible on these same devices. App has potential to be exactly what I was looking/hoping for. Also I like how Safari's homepage/new tab page on the mobile app and desktop app is customizable and I can put my frequently visited favorites right there for easy access.
I really like the new Firefox for iPad app. Nice UI except for the one flaw. Bookmarks. Hopefully Mozilla will improve the bookmarking system to be more intuitive. A great feature is that you easily and completely disappear the menus to get a full screen shot. Also, instead of just tabs for the open screens, Firefox gives a mini display of each open window. Firefox has the superior UI. I am using it more and more. Some reviewers complain of crashes. Not sure why as I have never had a Firefox crash. Not one!
I am a chrome user when it comes to my desktop because Firefox got sluggish at times but on mobile it's by far my fave. The layout is very clean and easy to find anything and even has an option to use my Touch ID for stuff, haven't used that yet but just nice to have. When I logged into my Firefox account it loaded up all my stuff very quickly but had to do a 2nd step security to actually get into my account but it's good very easy.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 16, 2017
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 84.4 MB
- Languages: English, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Breton, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, French, Frisian, Gaelic, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Uzbek, Welsh
- Seller: Mozilla Corporation
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.