By Spore Tools Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A Place For Your Ideas - Idea Store is a place to easily save your ideas so you can build on them later.
• Quickly save ideas with no distractions.
• Group and flag your ideas for organization.
• Sync your entries between your iPhone and iPad via Dropbox.
• Share your entries with Twitter or Facebook etc.
Designed for simplicity and focus, Idea Store features:
• Storing note (text) entries
• Groups (which can be archived)
• Sync between iPhone and iPad via Dropbox
• Listing of entries by their group or date
• Sharing (to Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, email etc)
• Entry multi-select (to delete and share)
• Passcode support
• Universal app (for iPhone and iPad)
• Export (with iTunes file sharing)
- Best iPhone Productivity app in the US - App Store Rewind 2011 -
What's New in Version 1.5
• Flagged entries listing
• Passcode support
• Entry sharing (to Twitter and Facebook etc)
• iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support
• Updated UI visual design
• Background completion support for Dropbox 'Data Sync' and 'File Save'.
• Other minor improvements
Good just needs a little more
Would be great if the developer indicated something about their roadmap. Is there any plan to add features? If so what?
I really like the simplicity of the app, clean interface and the ability to organize ideas. It would be great if there were some improvements to how text is captured. This could come in the form of TextExpander support, additional keys to the keyboard, or a url scheme that could be used by capture apps like Drafts. Either markdown support or a custom display format like DayOne would be helpful to structure ideas and information. Additional export options that make cloud syncing more automatic and convenient would also be welcome. It would be nice to know that ideas stored could be accessed years down the road, perhaps after the developer has decided to move on.
Great for tracking ideas
The thing to keep in mind about Idea Store, and what makes it different from things like Evernote, is that it is a one trick pony, but it does that one trick perfectly - it lets you record and organize ideas. It's not a note taker, list maker or anything else, just an idea storehouse. I use it primarily for tracking ideas for writing projects, for which it does gang busters.
The two features that really make it utilitarian, though, are dropbox data sync, so you can use the app across iDevices, and the ability to archive either individual ideas, or entire idea categories.
The name really says it all. Don't expect Evernote and you'll be thrilled with this app.
This app is by far my favorite organization tool. I've tried other note apps and this one is the best. I believe it helps form healthy phone habits for creative minded people--whenever I have something I want to remember, I have formed an impulse to go in Idea Store, punch in my password and add it right away. It saves the date and gives you endless options of organization and ways to view your thoughts. I'm really excited to have this: it has honestly helped relieve problems with any tension which can stem from forgetfulness and fleeting thoughts (kind of the opposite of most apps.)
Visually and structurally a very solid app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 07, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Spore Tools Limited
- © 2011 Spore Tools Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.