iDeploy is a customizable countdown timer designed for deployed members and their family & friends - thanks for your service!
15,000+ iDeploy downloads with great reviews:
"Simple, effective, cute - Love this app. The percentage done feature is great and displayed right below a pic of my fave smiling face"
"This is an absolutely amazing app. I highly recommend it! 64 days till my soldier comes home"
"I really like this application. It's exactly what I wanted to help count down the days until my sailor returns home"
– The countdown timer displays the time until the deployment is finished
– The display also shows the percentage of the deployment that is complete
– Select a picture to customize the home screen as something that you're looking forward to seeing when the deployment is finished
– You can edit your start date, end date, display phrase and Facetime address
– If the Start date is in the future, the app calculates the number of days until the deployment starts
- Set a FaceTime address for 1-click connection from the home screen
- (new) Share on two social media apps where you can limit distribution:
-- Select "Close Friends" on Facebook
-- Select "Family" on Flickr
- (new) Share progress with email and messages as well
This version is supported by ads
- As requested, added sharing to two social media apps where you can limit distribution:
-- Close Friends on Facebook
-- Family on Flickr
- Also added email and message sharing capability
- Fixed a bug where the picture would be shifted to the left
Ratings and Reviews
I don't like having to pay for a countdown & searched all over until I found this one. This app is perfect! Other countdown apps either require you to pay or don't include all the branches for customization. I love how it is tailored for any Branch and can use any cammie design for the background behind the photo. Definitely a must have for any Milso or Military family member waiting for their loved one to return!
Not sure if it’s a compatibility issue, but the entire app is screwy with my iPhone X. I like that I can upload a photo and customize the background, but none of that matters when the app itself isn’t working.
When I entered the start and stop dates of the deployment, it did not allow me to change the year, so I had to scroll through every single month and date between Aug 2018 and (the already loaded) January 2020??
It also said I could customize the phrase for the return but when I updated it, the app still said “Leave in X Days”
It also said there were 400 days til my husbands return but there’s less than 47.... 🙄
Would not recommend to anyway, app was deleted within 5 mins.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We're working to update this for the newer iPhones, and we'll add a feature where you can type in the date instead of scrolling through the date picker. It seems like that caused your countdown to be off by ~365 days.
Military Wife Life
Easy to set up & customize! Excited to see the number of days decrease! Thanks for creating this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.