By TouchAware Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last! iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with XDesign (Mac version), keep all your designs in sync automatically between your Mac, iPad and iPhone.
Check out the iDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- A universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch which adapts to the native screen size of the device.
- Full feature compatible with XDesign for Mac when you need the traditional keyboard, mouse and large screen of the Mac.
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Designs list with preview thumbnails to save and manage design files
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
- Unlimited fast and smooth multitouch zoom with sharp and clear images
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Keyboard input options for setting the shape attributes and dimension values
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Undo/Redo individual points
- Autosave for all operations to ensure work is saved at all times
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
Unique Features for Touch Based Editing
- Offset handles for moving and positioning without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Delta transformations to apply incremental values by keyboard
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard board sizes (A1 to A5, B4, B5, etc.) and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale
- Full set of standard unit systems, Points, Inches, Feet, MM, CM and Meters
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats
- Import SVG files (from email attachments and also via Dropbox)
- Full iCloud support and automatic sync of designs between devices
- Share your designs with other iDesign users via Email
- Dropbox support for Export, Import
- AirPrint Support for iOS supported wireless printers
Sample designs included with the app.
What's New in Version 2.1
Bug fixes and enhancements:
- Added support for inserting PNG images with transparent background.
- Newly inserted shapes to be automatically selected except in continuous insert mode.
- Fixed grouping separators not showing for length dimensions.
- Fixed unit suffix for new length dimensions to be enabled if the setting is enabled as default.
- Fixed readability issue with navigation bar text in popovers for image insert, export to email and dropbox login.
- Fixed copy and paste onto a hidden or locked layer is not allowed with message to alert user that the active layer is hidden or locked.
- Fixed hiding or locking a layer to de-select current selection if objects in the layer are selected.
- Fixed data changes after migrating older design files to be saved even without any new changes.
- Fixed opacity input control in Fill color panel not to show decimals.
- Added Aspect Ratio option for background image.
- Added Clear option to clear the set background image.
- Added Opacity controls for background image to set transparency level.
- Setting a background image will also enable the background image to be rendered on the board.
- Clearing a background image will also disable the background image.
- Fixed issues with SVG import (import of files without any groups)
- Fixed issues with undo/redo for image shapes.
- Fixed issues with cut/copy/paste for image shapes.
- Fixed undo-redo not working again after undo/redo on image shape and autosave of design.
- Smooth animations during portrait-landscape rotation, for board and all UI elements.
- Some UI changes in centering and zooming of toolbox menu.
More features and enhancements in the next update. Thank you for your support!
Don't think, just buy it. And then play with the program for a few hours to learn the features. This program was indispensable in designing my stone retaining wall, a garden pergola and I even designed a company logo for a friend's music company. Versatile enough for you?
For the price, it's unbelievable, an extremely capable app.
My only complaint - the manual is for version 1.7, and a few features for this latest version were not explained, so I had to figure it out on my own. I emailed the company twice to ask a few questions and they never answered me. That's kind of low-rent. But the app is fabulous.
Excellent 2D CAD/Drafting
This is an excellent drafting / 2D-CAD app. It allows you to use your iPad for design work that not too long ago would have required a laptop or desktop computer.
The designer has done a great job introducing clever UI (user interface) elements to enhance accuracy and improve productivity. This is important because, after all, you are drawing with just your fingers (or a stylus that is no more accurate than a finger).
The manual is thorough and complete, and should be read by anyone interested in making this program work for them.
Thank you for listen to us
They you for adding transparency to background image...🎨💎
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 07, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 33.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Welsh
- Seller: TouchAware Limited
- © 2010-2017 TouchAware Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.