By Modality Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find contacts and communicate on the Move.
If you use Microsoft Lync 2010 or Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 at work, then iDialog is the application you need for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
NOTE: Before you purchase this app, please contact your IT department to ensure that your systems are compatible with iDialog, or try using the iDialogPro app trial to ensure that you can connect.
iDialog is a unified communications client for mobile information workers. It allows you to find your contacts and communicate with them using instant messaging, initiate a voice call (over the GSM network) or send an email message. iDialog also allows you to better manage your communications by letting you change your presence status or dynamically redirect incoming Lync or Office Communicator voice calls.
• See the same contact list as you are used to seeing with Microsoft Lync or Office Communicator.
• Initiate multiple 1:1 or multi-party IM conversations
• Update your presence information, including your ‘note’ or location
• Redirect inbound voice calls from users calling your Lync or Office Communicator phone number
• Search for users from your organization’s global address list.
• View information about the availability of your contacts including presence state, availability note, free/busy calendar information, email address, office location, title, and subject to privacy settings, see their phone numbers and other details about their status.
To use this application, your organization must have Office Communications Server 2007, Office Communications Server 2007 R2, or Microsoft Lync 2010. A Communicator Web Access (CWA) Server (version 2007 or 2007 R2 only) must also be deployed. If you’re in any doubt about this please check with your organization’s IT department before you purchase this application.
What's New in Version 2.0.8
• Added ability copy instant messages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Better server cert verification
• Client cert password
• Better error messages
• Shorter sign in screen display
• Fix for blank chat window
• Fixes for background IM sessions, Japanese keyboard, and others.
• Multi-tasking support on iOS4+. iDialog will run in the background for 9 minutes. During this time the user will appear online to other users and the use will receive a local push notification for any new chats. An audio tone will be played for any new inbound IMs to existing chats. After 9 minutes iDialog will sign the user out. Returning to iDialog will reset the 9 minute timer.
• Native iPad screen resolution
• Portrait and Landscape mode for all devices
• Supports searches that return Distribution Groups as well as users
• Users can email the contents of an IM session
• When viewing a contact and selecting email, iDialog now sends mail without leaving the app.
• Ability to capture debugging trace information to help us troubleshoot issues if users are unable to logon to their CWA servers.
Could be great
So, I've been using it and made the $$ investment. But there areas I'd like to see those dollars applied to from a development perspective.
First, while setting it up isn't hard, it takes longer than it needs to because there isn't a QuickStart guide (or anything I could find) that explains the fields and where to get information.
Second, when you change your password you need to delete the app and reinstall it (at least I have had to). This is not a domain problem or a CWA problem - this is an app issue.
Third, the app times out (which defeats the purpose of an IM). Other IM apps have solved this and I believe Apple provided and API/method to manage that - just needs to be implemented.
Fourth, the alerting isn't well executed. It feels like a background app (much like the issue above). I would like it to pop up on my lock screen, home screen etc. - then take me straight to the chat.
Finally, update for iPhone screen real estate.
The app shows a lot of promise, so we all pay a lot of money - but it's far from where it needs to be.
Keep working on it. Thanks.
Works but minimal functionality
It works. I am able to connect to my CWA server and chat with the people, but that's about it. No configuration settings at all nor notification available.
Would recommend the developers to allow the user to change the time that they would like the application to run on the background. Also to include notifications through iOS.
For the current price tag and current functionality I would NOT recommend this application unless you really needed it.
9 minutes?! Seriously?!
The whole 9 minute background runtime is absolutely insane. It seems like it flies in the face of what this mobile communicator is supposed to be for - to be accessible easily while on the go. I don't appreciate having to reload my app every so often to keep it alive.
Also - why can't I update my location? It stays stuck on 'Office' but will not allow me to change to 'Home' or 'On my Iphone'. I think I wasted $10.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 13, 2011
- Version: 2.0.8
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Modality Systems Ltd
- © 2009 Modality Systems Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.