Idioms are the real guts of English. Idioms app provides learners with an opportunity to improve strategies for successfully utilising native level expressions
Idioms app works as dictionary as well as a multiple choice quiz system which provides 700 common idiomatic questions across different topic & categories with explanations.
It also contains over 600 additional idioms with meanings and explanations as a tool to learn new idioms.
Idioms was designed to provide a method of acquiring idiomatic expressions and a context for using them in everyday English conversation.
Idioms can help learners to improve their understanding and usage of idioms. Custom timer setting can assist learners to improve response times under exam time constraints.
Research suggests that kids and adults learn most quickly when playing learning games with real-time error-feedback.
PREPARE BY TOPICS:
You can study the idioms by topic. All questions are sorted by topic. It also tells you the areas that each topic covers.
** Top 100 Idioms
** Clothes and Colours
MOCK TEST MODE:
In mock test questions are presented randomly from all the topics.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS:
A summary of the practice test is presented at the end of each test. It shows you the time you took, the score, which questions you answered correctly and where you were wrong. And yes, you can E-MAIL the results.
The app records your progress as you start giving practice tests.
It shows you a beautiful pie chart so that you can track your weak areas and give more focus on them.
VERY EASY TO USE:
You don't need to press too many buttons or encounter any alert messages.
The app is very interactive and needs minimum user input.
Shake your iPhone/iPod & iPad to skip a question.
• Over 700 multiple-choice questions.
• Choose number of questions you would like in each test.
• E-mail yourself the test results and track your progress.
• A new module, "Progress Meter" keeps track of how you are performing in a particular topic or mock test.
• Choose your own timer settings.
• Cool sound effects. (You can turn them off if desired.)
• Special algorithm that randomizes questions every time you take a test.
Updated data and code to work with latest iOS version.
Ratings and Reviews
I'd like the origins of the idioms, other than that, it's great.
Needs an Update!
Great looking icon but the app needs an overhaul. "An ax to grind? The grass is always greener?" Incomplete list of idioms. Hope there's an update with new idioms and easier intuitive navigation. Should include an encyclopedia with historical stories behind the meaning of each idiom, like the other idiom app on here (blue n light blue face on the app.) The test are fine if the app were more complete.
I love this app; I just wish that each idiom would also display the origin. If this was included, I would most definitely rate it 5 stars.
- Webrich Software Limited
- 43.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2017 Webrich Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.