A unique six way sound activated disco spotlight set. The lights flash according to the sound detected by your microphone. The music sensitivity and speed of the light flashing can be adjusted to fit your current environment easily.
At every party you will have everyone up and dancing with these funky multi coloured spotlights. Perfect for a party at home, in the club or even in your car! For every occasion your own retro disco lights in your pocket!
iDiscoLight in a nutshell:
- Red, purple, orange, green, yellow and blue lights
- Flashlight can be used as stroboscope (only on iPhone and iPodTouch)
- Responds in various ways to environmental sounds and music using the built-in microphone of your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad to detect environment sound
- Play and control your music playlist using the build-in music player
- Works with your favorite streaming music app such as Spotify™ or SoundCloud™
- Adjust the sound and music sensitivity to fit the current environment
- Turn on and adjust the speed of the automatic light chaser
- Based on a real 6 way pod partylight from the 70s / 80s
Please note that iPod Touch users require an external microphone or headset.
Tap the central controller pod to adjust the settings and access the music player.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for new features just use the 'Email Support' button inside iDiscoLight.
"Spotify" is a registered trademark of the Spotify Group. "SoundCloud" is a trademark of SoundCloud Ltd. iDiscoLight works with Spotify™ and SoundCloud™ but is not related to Spotify Group or SoundCloud Ltd.
- iDiscoLight is now a freemium app
- Lights are much brighter and colorful
- Screen brightness can be auto-adjusted by iDiscoLight
- Improvement of the way the knobs interact with the actual setting of Music and Speed.
- External streaming music players compatibility
- iPhone 5 and 6 compatibility
- iOS 8 compatibility
- Algorithm improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app does not live up to expectations. When I got it I was going to use it as a disco light for my party. I decided to test it out beforehand. I had read the reviews and I wasn't impressed with the reviews but I thought I'd try it anyways. I saw that most of the bad reviews revolved around ads but I didn't care about a couple ads. When I got it, I thought it looked pretty cool. Boy, was I wrong. I also expected there to be colorful lights streaming out of my flashlight/ camera. Instead they appeared on my display screen. The controls were difficult and confusing to use and the quality was shameful. They weren't kidding about the ads every 5 seconds either. I do not recommend this app whatsoever.
The paid version stopped working
The first 15 minutes I used this app was so overwhelming with ads that I decided to buy it. It was fine for ~1 hour total, using flash light and pretty cool. Then I tried it today and it didn't work, asking me to purchase the full version that I had already bought. My friend installed it on her phone and purchased the full version but it didn't work at all for her.
Bottom line: don't bother even installing it!
Fun app [updated]
I don't understand the poor ratings. Pay to remove the ads and it's great. Sometimes you have to mess with the settings a bit, but otherwise great. Fun! :-)
[Updated: Warning - app does NOT work on newer os. Bummer!]
- Duraserve B.V.
- 6.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Duraserve
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.