iDo Getting Dressed – Learn the Routine of wearing clothes, for individuals with special needs. (Full version)
By C.E.T - THE CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***full version of the app – no further purchase required***
Learn the routine of wearing clothes with video modeling and task sequence via fun games, for individuals with Autism and other disabilities.
iDo Getting Dressed is an innovative and comprehensive application for learning the most common personal dressing activities (Putting on socks and shoes, preparing clothes for tomorrow, getting dressed, undress etc.)
*** THIS IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME APP AS *iDO GETTING DRESSED*, WITHOUT IN-APP PURCHASE.
THIS FULL VERSION IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SCHOOLS USING THE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM OR THOSE THAT PREFER NOT TO MAKE IN-APP PURCHASES.***
*** "This is the most comprehensive and professional application for special education I have seen that addresses the field of ADL both in content as well as in the activities it provides" (Dr. Orit Hetzroni, Special Education expert).
*** Designed by professionals specifically for those on the autistic spectrum disorder, Intellectual Disabilities and other special needs.
*** Watch step by step demonstration videos and picture sequences, and make your own.
*** Suitable for children, teenagers, and young adults
The iDo Getting Dressed Application includes 9 units + a game:
1. Putting on Socks
2. Putting on Shoes
3. Preparing Clothes for Tomorrow - Summer
4. Preparing Clothes for Tomorrow - Winter
5. Getting Undressed
6. Getting Dressed for Bed
7. Girl Getting Dressed
8. Boy Getting Dressed
9. Getting Ready before you Leave the House
What’s in each unit?
- A video presenting a teenager demonstrating the activities, step by step.
- A sequence of the task’s steps in images, accompanied by narrated text for each stage, and the option to mark the completion of each step.
- A unique tool to create a personal sequence of the task’s steps, by photographing directly from the application.
- A tool to create a personal video of the task, directly from the application.
- Learning games to practice understanding of the sequence – what is the next step, what doesn’t belong, etc.
What’s in the game?
- A board game which combines fun and learning for all 9 of the application’s getting dressed tasks.
- Suitable for one player or two, and allows practicing in taking turns.
- Contains a pool of randomly selected activities which allow transfer, generalization, and enrichment of what was learned in the units: when to shut the door for privacy, which object suits which task, and so on.
Advantages of using the application:
* Built by professionals with expertise in special education, in cooperation with parents, occupational therapists, speech therapists, teachers and researchers.
* Each task is broken up into its stages, and may be learned step by step.
* Using video clips has been proven efficient in instructing individuals with autism and cognitive disabilities.
* Building a sequence of the task, with photos of the user himself, creates a perfect personalization: the user sees himself performing the task.
* The board game combines fun with learning. The activities in the game are an expansion of the videos and images sequences, and allow generalization and transfer of performing the tasks to other environments.
* Particularly accessible and user-friendly application, meticulously designed to be suitable for users of a wide range of ages.
* Diverse use of media: video, images, written text, narration, as well as diverse viewing options.
* Preservation of personal materials.
* Option of operating both online and offline.
*** Working on daily activities is important for the development of independent functioning and quality of life of special education children and teenagers.
*** The iDo series is recommended for use at home and in educational environments to impart and practice daily skills.
*** Visit our website www.snapps.cet.ac.il/
*** Do you have any questions?
We’re here to answer them.
Email us at Snapps@cet.ac.il
What's New in Version 1.1
- Bug Fixes.
- New Icon.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 07, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 98.5 MB
- Languages: English, Hebrew
- Seller: Center for Educational Technology
- © 2015 CET
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.