iDo Hygiene –Daily life skills activities, for individuals with special needs (full version)
By C.E.T - THE CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***full version of the app – no further purchase required***
Learn daily life skills with video modeling and fun games, for individuals with Autism, Asperger and other special needs.
*** THIS IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME APP AS *iDO HYGIENE*, WITHOUT IN-APP PURCHASE***.
THIS FULL VERSION IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SCHOOLS USING THE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM OR THOSE THAT PREFER NOT TO MAKE IN-APP PURCHASES.
iDo Hygiene is an innovative and comprehensive application for learning the most common personal hygiene daily activities (teeth brushing, shampooing, hand washing, toilet training, taking a shower, public bathroom, etc
*** "This is the most comprehensive and professional application for special education I have seen that addresses the field of ADL both in content as well as in the activities it provides" (Dr. Orit Hetzroni, Special Education expert).
*** Designed by professionals specifically for those on the autistic spectrum disorder, Intellectual Disabilities and other special needs.
*** Watch step-by-step demonstration videos and pictures, and make your own.
*** Suitable for children, teenagers, and young adults.
The iDo Hygiene Application includes 12 units + a game:
2. Washing your Face
3. Washing your Hands
4. Taking a Shower
5. Brushing your Teeth
6. Applying deodorant
7. Shaving with an Electric Shaver
8. Combing long hair
9. Making a Ponytail
10. Boy in Bathroom
11. Girl in Bathroom
12. Public Bathroom
What’s in each unit:
- A video presenting a teenager demonstrating the activity, step by step.
- A sequence of the task’s steps in images, accompanied by narrated text for each stage, and the option to mark the completion of each step.
- A unique tool to create a personal sequence of the task’s steps, by photographing directly from the application.
- A tool to create a personal video of the task, directly from the application.
- Learning games to practice understanding of the sequence – what is the next step, what doesn’t belong, and so on.
What’s in the game:
- A board game, which combines fun and learning for all 12 of the application’s hygiene tasks.
- Suitable for one player or two, and allows practicing in taking turns.
- Contains a pool of randomly selected activities which allow transfer, generalization, and enrichment of what was learned in the units: when to shut the door for privacy, which objects suits which task, and so on.
- For those who have difficulty playing, there is an option of going through the activities without playing. 6 activities are randomly selected from the pool of activities.
Advantages of using the application:
* Built by professionals with expertise in special education, in cooperation with parents, occupational therapists, speech therapists, teachers and researchers.
* Each task is broken up into its stages, and can be learned step by step.
* Using video clips has been proven efficient in instructing individuals with autism and cognitive disabilities.
* Building a sequence of the task, with photos of the user himself, creates a perfect personalization: the user sees himself performing the task.
* The board game combines fun with learning. The activities in the game are an expansion of the videos and images sequences, and allow generalization and transfer of performing the tasks to other environments.
* Particularly accessible and user-friendly application, meticulously designed to be suitable for users of a wide range of ages.
* Diverse use of media: video, images, written text, narration, as well as diverse viewing options.
*** Working on daily activities is important for the development of independent functioning and quality of life of special education children and teenagers.
*** The iDo series is recommended for use at home and in educational environments to impart and practice daily skills.
*** Visit our website www.snapps.cet.ac.il
*** Do you have any questions?
We’re here to answer them.
Email us at Snapps@cet.ac.il
What's New in Version 1.1
- Bug Fixes.
- New Icon.
No sound on apps
I love this and the other iDo apps but mine have lost the sound. I'd give it a six if they had sound. Please fix. I'm using an iPad Air. Please fix.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 07, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 99.5 MB
- Languages: English, Hebrew
- Seller: Center for Educational Technology
- © 2015 CET
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.