iDoceo - teacher's assistant with gradebook planner and seating plans for your classroom
By Bert Sanchis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iDoceo is a powerful teaching assistant for the iPad.
You can add an unlimited number of students and classes.
iDoceo respects your privacy and confidentiality. Works completely offline. No internet connection required.
All your data is only stored locally in your iPad, not in cloud or external servers.
An all-in-one tool that consists of:
- Fully fledged grade book, configurable and with custom calculations and attendance
- Lesson planner: Week/Day views
- Diary: Day/Week/Month/Timeline views of a single class
- Seating plans
- Resource manager that will help you keep track of PDFs, audio,files,links,images, etc.
- Notepads with handwritten notes, drawings and timestamped text
- Configurable reports in PDF, XLS and TXT
Below the list of its main features. More details at www.idoceo.net
• PLANNER, DIARY AND SCHEDULE
- Configure simple week(s) schedules or complex rotating cycles with holidays. Unlimited combinations for each term
- Individual diary for each class. Single day view, week, month and timeline. Add&Edit iCal events
- Timeline view with all your lessons on sight. Bump, lock and yank lessons.
- Add files from any source, video, audio, handwritten notes, links and resources to your lessons
- Create PDF/XLS reports of your planner and diary.
- Use rubrics, categories, icons, colors, text or number based grades. You can configure your own grading system
- Powerful evidence tracking features. Take pictures, record video and audio and attach it to any cell and student.
- Calculate simple weighted averages, additions or create your own Excel like formulas with conditions and complex functions.
- Add unlimited columns, categories, rows and pages to organize your information at will
- Use configurable editors on each column for ultrafast edition and adapt the grade book to your needs
- Send personalized information and reports to your students by e-mail automatically with their grades, annotations or files
- Filter information of students or groups on screen
- Configure your own reports
- Share your gradebook configurations with other users
- Import your current data from any XLS, CSV or iDoceo template file
- Import your students photos from a single image with face detection or in bulk with separate files
- Export everything to native PDF, XLS or CSV (for any major spreadsheet software)
• SEATING PLANS
- Add columns and edit your data as if you were in the gradebook.
- Up to ten seating plans per class with five different modes and configurable backgrounds
- Random group generator
• TO-DOs, TEXT AND HANDWRITTEN NOTES
- Create unlimited standalone notepads or linked to a class. Configurable sheets
- Full PDF report of your notepads.
- To-dos with alarm events
- Timestamped text notes for meetings, linked to a class or a student
• RESOURCE MANAGER
- Record audio and video, add handwritten notes, signatures, files ,images, links, add text or annotations
anywhere: gradebook cells, students, class, diary, planner.
- Full PDF reader with bookmarks and thumbnails
- Play Keynote presentations, view XLS files, audio and videos.
• SYSTEM TOOLS
- Multiple backup options: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud or your own WebDAV server.
- Works in landscape, portrait and full screen mode (gradebook)
- Protect your contents with a password
- Random picker and spinning wheel on summary,gradebook and seating plan
- Class’ summary with configurable widgets.
- Bulletin board with resources and notes.
- Recycle bin with all your recently erased students, columns and classes.
- Configurable themes per class.
Thanks for all your support and great comments in the App store!
Visit our website's forum at www.idoceo.net or send us an e-mail from the app > Help > Support&Suggestions
if you have any questions or suggestions for our next updates.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Welcome to iDoceo 4.2
You will find a more detailed list of improvements in our web at www.idoceo.net Here is the shorter list.
Create rubrics of up to 20 columns and 30 rows
Supported calculations: addition,percentage and averages with custom weights and points
Import full rubrics from web or any other source
Can be exported to PDF,XLS or shared with other users
• GRADEBOOK CATEGORIES (folders,divided columns)
Gradebook categories will let you mix an unlimited number of columns under a single header and apply a calculation
Supported calculations: average (weighted and arithmetic), highest, lowest value, sum, formula and icon counter
Can be collapsed/expanded from the gradebook
Calculation is updated automatically whenever a new column is added/removed (except for formulas)
Gradebook cells now support up to 8 icons
New Quick conversion for generic grades. Easily convert anything to a 100% or other types without additional grades
Column editor can now be changed on the fly while editing a cell (three dots button). Choose between Text,Text+Icons,Numeric keypad and grade selector
New column option ‘Voice over’: Will read the column’s contents out loud. Different timing settings
New column option ‘Cell annotations’: will show all annotations and resources attached to students on a particular column
Students roster header options: Lock/Unlock all columns
Rubric rows can be accessed individually
New function: DROPAVERAGE . Drops lowest N values before calculating an average. Skips empty cells
New function: COUNTIF. Similar to that of Excel. Counts the occasions a condition is met with a number of columns
New function: COUNTICONS. Will let you count a combination of icons in a selection of columns
• SPINNING WHEEL
Available from gradebook and seating plan
Works with students or custom lists of prizes with icons and sounds
Soundboard to invoke sound effects at will
Option to remove picked student
• SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
Additional batch of 100 icons: Showers, Clothing, OSs, medals...
Additional 25 theme backgrounds
Up to 3 icons per period
Schedule/Planner/Calendar new ‘Day description’ field shown on header (especially meant for complex cycles)
Timeline view: New layout option to ’Show all text’ planned on each period
Planner: Improved report. Uses different period heights and appropriate font size to fit as much text as possible
• TEXT NOTES IMPROVEMENTS
Can now add notes to a particular student (shown in student's personal sheet as well)
Can be assigned to multiple students at once. It will create a copy for each student once saved
Filter by a selection of students or none at all. Taken into account in reports as well
New ‘add multiple photos’ option
Audio files are now recorded as M4A instead of CAF
MP3,WAV,M4A and any other audio files are played without opening the gallery
Improved audio player with pause and scroll
• RANDOM PICKER
Seating plan: Long tap on a student to exclude from the random picker. Taken into account in gradebook and random picker widget as well
New widget 'Gradebook stats' (x6) will let you select a combination of columns and students and compare its graphs
• STUDENT AND E-MAIL REPORT
Student report: New sort columns option and higher resolution resources
Add rubrics details
Include max score and conversions
• SEATING PLAN
Supports up to 10 plans
Keeps track last selected column on each class
+ hundreds of minor improvements
Thanks for all your support and great comments in the app store. Please do not forget to update them for this release!
If you have suggestions or requests, post yours in our forum at idoceo.net or from iDoceo > Help > Suggestions.
This app makes my life as a teacher that much easier. I can takes notes on classes n individual students. Class rosters can be emailed to subs along with notes... Honestly just buy it! Oh, and as a music teacher I can record individual class performances n pick up where we left off.,, JUST BUY IT! 🎼
How did I get along without it?
I've been using iDoceo for two years now, since I went to a workshop where two music teachers talked about it. I can't imagine going back to paper/pencil classroom bookkeeping. It's fantastic! And they just keep getting better!
Great for organized teachers
App is great for grading, taking notes, attendance and seating charts and much more. It's not all entirely obvious how to do everything in the app. After two years of use I'm still finding new things/resources in it.
Take the time to learn how to use it and your classes will feel more productive.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Catalan, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swiss German
- Seller: Bert Sanchis
- © 2011-2016 iDoceo Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.