Graphic - illustration and design
By Indeeo, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing
What's New in Version 3.2.5
- Performance and stability improvements
- Additional improvements to iCloud file syncing on iOS 10
Excellent App In A Non-Competitive Market
This app stands alone against watered down wanna-be's and of course adobe who are afraid to lose a buck, avoiding to deliver a decent mobile version of their product. Until Affinity Designer decides to take a shot at the iOS App Store, the reigning king of the mobile design world belongs to Auto Desk. This app is loaded with the essentials you need to get any design finished at your finger tips. Like everything in this world this app does come with its cons which to me the only thing I've personally dealt with is a couple sessions fore closing here and there. Overall this app deserves all the credit its been receiving and then some. Its the answer to a lot of problems designers have been facing with over the years when it comes to mobility.
App has always been great, even better since getting the Apple Pencil
I've tried a few other vector apps but in my opinion they're all harder to use than this one. It even works on my old iPhone 4S although I surely wouldn't want to use an iPhone (even my 6S) if my iPad is right there, but I'm impressed it still works on that phone at all and at the very least I can use it to save something I've already drawn to Photos and email from there while my newer devices are charging. I used my finger for a long time and never complained but once you use the pencil you won't want to go back, just so you know. I liked the name iDraw better but it doesn't affect how good the app is.
Not worth buying for a pro
I purchased this app thinking I'd be able to edit Adobe Illustrator files (or PDFs) on my iPad. Both the developer website and the app description list this as a feature. While this is technically true, all strokes get outlined automatically, thus making them extremely difficult to edit. This is also true in reverse when exporting a PDF from Graphic and importing it to Illustrator. Additionally, transparency-based clipping masks done in Illustrator don't transfer over at all as Graphic just doesn't support this feature. Overall, I can see this being useful to someone who wants to play around with a vector editing app on iOS, but you're not going to be able to get any real work done with this app, especially if you're hoping to continue editing your file on a desktop.