By Indeeo, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iDraw is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
iDraw has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with iDraw for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- SVG, PDF, EPS import
- SVG, PDF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF export
- Shape libraries
- Styles library
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Layers, Text, Images, Multi-color Gradients, RGB color picker, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Templates, Masking, PDF import and export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape creation tools
- Multiple layers
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Multi-color gradient editor
- Text styling
- Images - rotate, scale, with alpha transparency
- Snap to Grid
- Canvas Styles
- Group / Lock / Lock Aspect ratio
- Export designs as vector-based PDF and SVG files
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Photoshop PSD Import/Export.
• Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
• Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
• Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, glows, etc.
• Export designs as layered PSD files.
Document Color Management.
• Per-document color profiles.
• Assign and convert colors to a different profile (Modify > Color Settings…).
New Blend Modes.
• 8 new blend modes including Linear Burn, Linear Dodge, Vivid Light, Linear Light,
Pin Light, Hard Mix, Subtract, Divide.
• Existing blend modes (such as Color Dodge) have been improved to ensure they match
the appearance of imported PSD files.
• Significantly faster rendering of complex projects.
• Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
Instant Image Masking.
• Instantly mask effects and other fills by an image with transparency.
• Toggle masking using the 'Set as transparency mask' setting in the Appearance pane.
• Apply blend modes to individual shapes and groups.
• Apply blend modes to strokes and fills in the Appearance Pane.
Inner and Outer Strokes.
• Set strokes to be positioned centered, inside, or outside of a path.
• New 'Angle Gradient' setting in the Fill pane.
• Toggle outline drawing (Modify > Color Settings…).
Hex Color Picker.
• Hex value color picker in the color popup.
Import PDF Annotations.
• Import shape, highlight, and text annotations.
• Improved support for embedded fonts.
• Cut a path into multiple sections, at anchor points, or anywhere along its length.
• Available from the Pen Tool's options, or activated directly using the 'c' keyboard shortcut.
Join Multiple Paths.
• 'Modify > Join Paths' can now combine multiple paths together at the same time.
• Select several paths and choose 'Join Paths' to join all of paths together at their endpoints.
• 'Modify > Connect Endpoints' links the nearest endpoints of each path with line segments.
• The endpoints of multiple selected paths can be connected to create a single path.
• Explode an entire path into separate disconnected segments. (Modify > Disconnect Path).
• Reconnect a path after editing it using the 'Connect Path' or 'Join Path' commands.
Erase Images and Gradients
• The eraser tool can now be used to erase portions of images and gradient fills.
• Boolean combinations can also now be used in the same way to trim images and gradient fills.
Improved Text to Path
• Converting text objects to editable paths now creates individual shapes for each glyph.
• Image and gradient fills applied across a text object are accurately cropped to each shape.
Copy/Paste Appearance Items
• Copy individual stroke, fill, shadow, glow, etc. items and paste them on other shapes.
• Quickly re-use the same image and gradient fill settings among different shapes.
• Right-click on an item in the 'Appearance: Effects' pane and choose 'Copy' / 'Paste'.
- Zoom tool: click and drag to zoom in on a specific area.
- SVG Export: added options for converting to sRGB and scaling embedded images.
- PDF Import: improvements to text positioning and various other fixes.
- Eraser tool: cut the paths of unfilled shapes.
- Text tool: custom text kerning and line height fields.
- Improved Gradient tool.
- Significant performance improvements. Reduced memory usage, smaller file sizes,
and many overall performance optimizations.
- Many other misc. fixes and improvements.
New in 2.3.1: Fixed a drawing issue on Retina displays.
I don't do much vector drawing but when I do I use iDraw
I use to be a long time Intaglio user but have slowly moved to iDraw. Now that iDraw 2.3 is here I can finally dump Intaglio. What was I waiting for? Full letter spacing support. Although they had letter spacing support in prior versions this is the first version in which you can specify a value instead of selecting from a predetermined list of values. One thing odd is that you can't specify the a letter spacing value in the properties panel on the right side of the app, but you can in the top tool bar. Its a minor issue but wish it was consistent.
One area that iDraw really excels in my opinion is support for importing other file types including pdf, psd, illustrator files.
I really love the UI so much cleanier than both Illustrator and Intaglio.
WIth version 2.3 there's nothing I can really knock it for. I do wish support for the product was better. Only support is via email or their facebook page. In the past when I have contacted support via email they were slow to respond. It would be great if they would setup up a forum or use getsatisfaction dot com.
I am going to give them a pass on support for now. They are a small software vendor (maybe even a one man show) that has put out a stellar product. I recommend to everyone I can.
Simple Yet Advanced
I recently moved to Mac, and have had trouble finding a good app to draw my web comics in, as my previous program was windows only. I tried other common vector apps, but many of them were clunky, or had a bit too much options for me. I needed a vector program for drawing, and then I found this, and I believe it is the perfect solution.
It is full of features, and yet simple, which is perfect for drawing my comics, and for even some more advanced design projects. The great thing Is i can always move to illustrator if I need even more. But this is perfect for every day use. It may seem very simple, but that is what makes this app nice to use. There is no clutter and you can just draw.
I found that sometimes the paths can be a little buggy though and not show in the right place, a minor nuisance. I am sure they will keep on perfecting the app as much as they can. - UPDATE - Ok the reason the strokes did not show the way I wanted was just because of a feature called allign to pixels, take it off and they show exactly in the spot I want.
I recommend this app, and I would recommend getting the iPad version too if you have an iPad. You can take your drawings on the go and touch them up, it is amazing. The developers did a good job in my opinion, and I hope this app keeps on growing.
I am a computer programmer that sometimes needs to make a vector image, which doesn’t justify the cost of Illustrator. I have strugged for years to find an affordable alternative that allowed someone as artistically-limited as I am to make presentable graphics, and I have finally found that program in iDraw. It took me 30 minutes to get used to the program and then I found myself using the program for all sorts of tasks on a website. The interface is clean and largely straight-forward. My most-used feature would be the exporting feature, and it works cleanly.
My gripes are minor. It can sometimes be difficult to select small items in the workspace when they are near to larger items; I wish there was a list of objects on a layer so that I could select anything quickly and easily. Also, it would be nice to have an option in exporting SVG files to embed the fonts. I solved this problem by converting the text to shapes.
This program is perfect for anyone that wants to make graphics easily and affordably. I tried Illustrator five years ago and simply couldn’t accomplish what I needed, and I’ve struggled unsuccessfully with other programs since then. I got more done in two hours with this program than I have in four years with any other. I can highly recommend this program.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Aug 08, 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 10.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Indeeo, Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Indeeo, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later