By Indeeo, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Autodesk Graphic is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with Graphic for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
What's New in Version 3.0
iDraw is now Autodesk Graphic, available for Mac, iPad, and the iPhone!
Enhanced for El Capitan.
- Optimized to take full advantage of Mac OS X 10.11.
- Haptic Feedback for alignment and point snapping with Force Touch trackpads.
- Powerful new pressure-sensitive brush tool.
- Draw with pressure using Wacom® pressure sensitive tablets or Force Touch trackpads.
- Draw thicker or thinner brush strokes easily without changing the stroke width setting.
- Control the amount of influence pressure has on each brush stroke.
Variable-width Brush Strokes.
- Draw beautiful calligraphic brush strokes that vary in width.
- Adjust the contour of each brush stroke using the new brush contour editor.
- Easily tweak the shape and endpoints of brush strokes drawn with pressure-sensitivity.
- Create, save, and reuse custom brush stroke shapes and styles.
- Quickly adjust the size and position of selected objects from the tool options bar.
- New transform anchor control to set the selection origin point.
- Numerically move and precisely position selected path points.
- Adjust the horizontal and vertical spacing between multiple selected points.
Adjust Colors Panel.
- Recolor individual vector objects or an entire design (Modify > Adjust Colors…)
- Hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, and color balance controls.
- Change the colors of gradients, shadows, glows, text and other shape FX automatically.
Faster Import Workflows.
- Add vector objects from SVG, EPS, and AI files directly into an existing design using drag & drop.
- Use the File > Place… command to place SVG, EPS, and AI files into the current design.
- Paste copied SVG text directly as editable vector objects.
Enhanced CMYK Support.
- Import and export PDF files with CMYK color profiles.
- Import and export Photoshop PSD files in CMYK color mode.
- Quickly change the orientation of a document using the Canvas settings pane.
- Rotate or flip an entire design using the options in the Modify > Rotate and Transform menu .
- Subtract and intersect lines by other shapes using boolean path combinations.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
Create and share designs easily across all of your devices, and sync documents seamlessly with iCloud. Now view and edit your designs from anywhere using the new full-featured iPhone version.
Meh, not all that great
I used this back when it came out on mac… at the time it was all that was available. I just recently reinstalled it on my newest high Macbook Pro after it was bought out by Autodesk, and i must say… meh… As i remembered from the start, the interface was ok until you actually tried to edit paths with the weird arrow tools. Just like in illustrator, the dark and light arrows do just about the same thing and neither are very useful. The bezier editing tools are extremely sub par. Also the performace is pretty lackluster, nothing feels instant, there is a performance lag with anything you do and none of the tools feel intuitive.
Affininty Designer is the competition on the appstore right now, Autodesk Graphic is competing with it for the top Mac Vector Drawing app… and after using both, i would recommend Affinity many times over iDraw. This app just feels old and after using other, better vector drawing apps, the tools just feel like they were implemented wrong.
Don’t buy this app if you are a vector illustrator. Buy affinity designer. This app is a waste of time and money in comparison.
I expect it to all go down hill from here
I enjoyed using this app when I started using it last year but the new Autodesk buyout should change that. When Adobe started buying out it’s main competitors many were forced to buy bad updates at a premium price. Autodesk seems to be going the same route. It would have been good to see this company merge with another smaller company instead. Thankfully Affinity Designer and Photo came out this year and those two apps surpass Graphic in just about every area except for iOS support. I actually think that is fine for the time being as Mac OS is more mature anyways. Affinity versions of iOS are in the works though. Expect to see Graphics few advantages eclipsed quickly as Serif is rapidly coming out with great new updates. Artboards will be available in the next 2-3 months.
iDraw Gone-Auto Desk buys the competition
Now this just makes me angry. My favorite app iDraw has been purchased by Autodesk and renamed an already failing program according to reviews I have read. I guess the money was to good or it is easier to buy the competition verses making a product better. For those using Graphic you may be happy if they kept iDraw’s functionality. I am just so surprised and frustrated. I will update when I get tmy first project using Graphic 3.0 finished.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Oct 08, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Indeeo, Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor