By Indeeo, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Autodesk Graphic is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with Graphic for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Fix for 'Adjust Colors' when changing artwork contrast
- Fix for quickly changing brush stroke color
- Fix related to 'Outline Stroke' command
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Excellent Vector Drawing Tool
This is an excellent tool for vector graphics. I’ve purchased “many” graphics tools over the years and most of the time they get used for about a week then never again. Either they are overly complex or they just don’t do what I need them to do. Out of the box, this tool delivers. It is relatively intuitive to use and packed with features. What’s more important is that you don’t need a PhD in graphics design to use this tool. If you are a programmer who wants to create icons for your apps or an artist who wants to do something more involved, this tool will deliver. Back to my earlier comment about using a tool for a week and then never again… I’ve been using Graphic now for about a year. I’ve created hundreds of vector images. This tool has become one of my key go-to tools for app development right next to Xcode. Finally, $29? Seriously, you can’t beat the price especially given that the authors continue to improve and upgrade this. I’d pay more than that for a an icon package. Exceptional value.
Seems like a tiny bit of effort on Autodesk’s part could really improve this app, but for whatever reason it they haven’t focused on improving it.
Affinity is the strongest option at this point
I was briefly amused by this app but have pretty much dumped it after Affinity Designer (and now Affinity Photo) have been advancing over the last year. As of this writing Serif is mere days away from coming out with an update that will support art boards as well as canvas rotation (which even illustrator doesn’t have!!) and bleed support, etc.
Another review said that I was “predicting the future” when I said that this app was going the rental route. But come on, nearly all of Autodesk’s software is rental only at this point. Is that really an unreasonable prediction? Lightroom wasn’t rental only but is gradually moving that direction along with the other Adobe apps (some features are only available to rental users.) Well I am betting on Serif. Features that Affinity doesn’t have like iPad support are already in the works and should be out fairly soon. The Mac is more mature and better to focus time on at this point anyways.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Oct 26, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Indeeo, Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor