By Indeeo, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iDraw is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
iDraw has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with iDraw for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Fixes related to @2x and @3x image export.
- Fix for Eyedropper tool when setting gradient colors.
- Improvements to the new in-place settings panes.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
New in 2.5:
Enhanced for Yosemite.
- Use Handoff to seamlessly continue editing a document on a different Mac or iPad.
- Store and access iDraw documents directly on iCloud Drive.
- Support for Handoff and iCloud Drive requires Yosemite and iOS 8.
Redesigned User Interface.
- Beautiful new interface designed for Yosemite.
- New single-window interface with in-place settings panes.
- Switch between Single Window Mode and Floating Panels (View > Show Floating Inspectors).
- Create print-ready documents with CMYK colors.
- Assign CMYK color profiles (Modify > Color Settings…).
- Choose between RGB and CMYK document color modes.
- Export CMYK-based PDF documents.
- Fill shapes with repeating vector patterns.
- Create new patterns from any selection of shapes.
- Use the ‘+’ button in the pattern fill popup to create a new pattern.
- Rotate and scale patterns using the settings in the Fill pane.
- Clip objects inside vector shapes.
- Paste objects inside of a shape to create a clipping group (Edit > Paste Inside).
- Release clipping group shapes using the ungroup command (Arrange > Ungroup).
- Double-Click an object inside of a clipping group to select it directly.
- Apply a blur effect to any styled object.
- Enable, disable, and adjust blurs from the Appearance Effects pane.
- Adjust the blur radius to control the amount of blur applied.
- Quickly select objects which share the same appearance settings (Edit > Select Similar…).
- Easily find and select objects based on their stroke color, fill color, opacity, etc.
- Find and select objects across all layers, or only within the currently selected layers.
Enhanced Export Options.
- Automatic @3x asset generation.
- Export bitmap and vector assets directly into Xcode xcasset folders (File > Export Layers…).
- Shadow and glow effects are now exported using SVG filters.
- Improved Swift code export for Swift 1.0 language changes.
Great product Easy to use
Let me start by saying I am a old guy, started with the Mac in the 80’s. Used MacDraw and actually taught it for a short period. I was introduce
to Corel Draw at work and struggled to learn it for a long period. My Corel verision is now 18 years old and recently purchased a Mac. Needed a Draw package that I could use to do floor plans and with my woodworking hobby. Purchased this package last week and had it “under control” in about 4 hours. Contacted iDraw via e-mail for a question this weekend and Adrian got back to me on Monday. Not with the answer I wanted but a good answer. I find for my uses iDraw is easier to use than Corel Draw and I would recommend it to anyone in my shoes i.e. floor plans and woodworking projects. Price is a concern of mine and this fits the bill. Look forward to the updates Adrian promised.
I don’t have any experience with the previous version, so I don’t know if these bugs were introduced with the UI redesign. I started working through the tutorials to get a feel for the program and found the Effects panel would get out of sync with the app. I would remove an effect and add a different effect, then the program would randomly place new effects in the panel. These were more of phantom effects because the Ui thought they were there but not the app. If I tried to modify one of these phantom effects, the program would crash. I also had a problem with the color selection tool. I would draw a shape or two, go to the color tool, select a different color, draw some more shapes, the program would alternate from my previously used color for every other shape. This program looks like it has a lot of potential, so I hope I just didn’t waste $25
Capable app for the price
First, let me say that my star rating is based on iDraw’s capabilities for its price. I have recently retired from my design business and have been looking for apps to replace the Creative Suite applications I have used for years (sorry Adobe, your subscription model has priced me out). iDraw looks to be a capable app for people with moderate needs. I spent a few hours with it on a project and liked some of its features very much (the dimensioning features are particularly nice). But I kept finding things I used in Illustrator that don’t appear to be available in iDraw—things like blend tools and tablet pressure sensitivity will be most missed. That said, iDraw should cover most bases. For $25, you can’t really go wrong. I hope that iDraw will continue to improve and add capabilities.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Indeeo, Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Indeeo, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor