By Indeeo, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iDraw is a powerful feature-packed vector drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X.
"Lightweight vector drawing; easy to use; 9/10" - Mac.AppStorm.net
Featured in "Amazing Mac Apps", "...very powerful at a very decent price" - iCreate Magazine
iDraw has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create intricate designs quickly and easily, and continue working on the go with iDraw for the iPad.
Create resolution-independent illustrations that can be pasted into Pages documents, included in Keynote presentations, or used together with iBooks Author.
- Import SVG, PDF, EPS, and Photoshop PSD files.
- Export designs as SVG, PDF, PNG, PSD, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF files.
- Copy selected objects as PNG, PDF, SVG, CSS properties, and Core Graphics code.
- Export icons, bitmap and vector images directly into Xcode xcasset folders.
- Export layers and tagged objects automatically as individual files.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export
- Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects.
- Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths.
- Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, inner shadows, glows, etc.
- Export designs as layered PSD files.
Professional Drawing Tools
- Full-featured Bezier Pen tool for creating custom shapes.
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching.
- Essential set of shape creation tools.
- Boolean path combinations.
- Path multi-point selection and editing.
- Join, connect, and disconnect paths.
- Rotate, Scale, and Shear transform tools.
- Compound Paths.
- Convert Anchors tool.
- Eraser tool.
- Scissor tool.
- Dimensioning tool.
- Apply multiple strokes, fills, and effects to any object.
- Apply inner shadows, drop shadows, and glow effects to objects.
- Arrange the order of fills, strokes, and effects using drag and drop.
- 24 vibrant blend modes, including Multiply, Overlay, Linear Burn, Vivid Light, etc.
- Set blend modes for layers, shapes, fills, strokes, shadows, and glow effects.
Many other powerful features, including:
- Shape Libraries.
- Appearance Styles.
- Text on Path.
- Multi-style Text.
- Layers and Groups.
- Smart Alignment Guides.
- Labels and Dimensioning.
- Canvas Scale, Rulers, and Units (mm, cm, inches)
- Canvas Styles.
- Snap to Grid / Snap to Point.
- Align and Distribute objects.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- Linear, Radial, and Angle gradients.
- Image masking.
- Convert Text to Paths.
- Inner and Outer Strokes.
- Outline Stroke.
- Duplicate and Transform.
- RGB, HSB, and Hex Color Pickers.
- Pixel-Preview Mode.
- Import PDF files and annotations.
- Export as vector-based PDF and SVG files.
- Plugins / Powerful scripting API.
- ColorSync Color Management.
- Fast rendering of very complex projects.
- Multi-threaded drawing ensures lag-free scrolling and zooming.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Fixes related to @2x and @3x image export.
- Fix for Eyedropper tool when setting gradient colors.
- Improvements to the new in-place settings panes.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
New in 2.5:
Enhanced for Yosemite.
- Use Handoff to seamlessly continue editing a document on a different Mac or iPad.
- Store and access iDraw documents directly on iCloud Drive.
- Support for Handoff and iCloud Drive requires Yosemite and iOS 8.
Redesigned User Interface.
- Beautiful new interface designed for Yosemite.
- New single-window interface with in-place settings panes.
- Switch between Single Window Mode and Floating Panels (View > Show Floating Inspectors).
- Create print-ready documents with CMYK colors.
- Assign CMYK color profiles (Modify > Color Settings…).
- Choose between RGB and CMYK document color modes.
- Export CMYK-based PDF documents.
- Fill shapes with repeating vector patterns.
- Create new patterns from any selection of shapes.
- Use the ‘+’ button in the pattern fill popup to create a new pattern.
- Rotate and scale patterns using the settings in the Fill pane.
- Clip objects inside vector shapes.
- Paste objects inside of a shape to create a clipping group (Edit > Paste Inside).
- Release clipping group shapes using the ungroup command (Arrange > Ungroup).
- Double-Click an object inside of a clipping group to select it directly.
- Apply a blur effect to any styled object.
- Enable, disable, and adjust blurs from the Appearance Effects pane.
- Adjust the blur radius to control the amount of blur applied.
- Quickly select objects which share the same appearance settings (Edit > Select Similar…).
- Easily find and select objects based on their stroke color, fill color, opacity, etc.
- Find and select objects across all layers, or only within the currently selected layers.
Enhanced Export Options.
- Automatic @3x asset generation.
- Export bitmap and vector assets directly into Xcode xcasset folders (File > Export Layers…).
- Shadow and glow effects are now exported using SVG filters.
- Improved Swift code export for Swift 1.0 language changes.
Excellent Drawing Program!! Move Over Illustrator
I LOVE the new pattern fills with the hatching! The ability to create hatches and other patterns with the ability for thicker lines within the hatch, etc…so much easier and cheaper than Adobe Illustrator. For a 2D technical illustrator like me, iDraw is a fantastic program. It was worth every dollar I spent. I would have spent more. The technical staff is very supportive to their clients ..what a create program and company. Thank you so much! When you all said that you were coming out with this pattern/fill ability I had no idea that it was going to be even better than I had hoped for! I think I can finally let Claris CAD go!
Simple yet powerful; GREAT support.
After developing an interest in graphic design and not wanting to spend $240 a year on Adobe Illustrator, I went on a search for a cheaper (yet just as powerful) option for my new hobby. I read a few great reviews of iDraw and decided to pull the trigger.
For $25 I honestly wasn’t expecting too much, but the app can do MUCH more than I can. I was thrilled when I contacted customer support and promptly received an email from Adrian who went above the call of duty to walk me through a question I had.
All in all I would recommend it to anyone - amateur or advanced user. Money well spent for a solid vector illustration app.
Great potential with some quirks and issues
I salute iDraw’s developers for releasing fairly regular updates. I have no expectation that they be monthly, etc, but it’s clear that they are solidly behind making iDraw better.
iDraw is great for making simple shapes, and UI elements. it has excellent fill/stroke tools, and a simple interface which does not get in the User’s way. Special props to the devs for the new features they’ve added, noteably CMYK support. Very, very nice!
Would like to see better vector tools and path segment handling, but iDraw has all the basics to make what you need for the most part. Though iDraw has some evolution to go through, I place iDraw solidly on the must-have list.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Indeeo, Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Indeeo, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor