iDream - Sleep Maker
By George Talusan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
😃 😃 😃 FREE for a limited time! iDream helps you sleep. Choose from a selection of relaxing, neutral soundscapes to mask unwanted sounds in your environment. Continuous audio without melody or lyrics promotes better sleeping conditions. Use the speaker in your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and set iDream to fade out after you've fallen asleep. iDream also works like magic at the office and other distracting locations—just plug in your headphones and block out the noise.
✔ Plays audio continuously
✔ High quality, stereo audio tracks
✔ Listen through headphones or with the speaker
✔ AirPlay: Broadcast audio to any AirPlay device
✔ Seamless audio looping
✔ Play audio with the screen turned off
✔ Play audio while you use other apps
✔ Programmable fade-out timer
✔ Easy-to-use, attractive interface
✔ Works with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
✔ Expandable: Instantly add more sounds
★ Ocean Surf
★ Big Waterfall
★ Pebble Beach
★ Frog Pond
★ White Noise
★ Pink Noise
★ Brown Noise
Tired? Help alleviate chronic fatigue and sleeping disorders with iDream. Block noise pollution and annoying sounds so you can sleep better. Take a power nap or fall asleep at night with the ambiance of relaxation soundscapes. Looking for an insomnia cure? Sleep better with iDream, a natural sleep aid. Avoid restless sleep with soothing nature sounds. iDream also works better than noise canceling headphones to block noise at work so you can focus.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Play audio with the screen turned off.
2. Multitasking: Play audio while you use other apps.
3. AirPlay: Broadcast audio to AirPlay devices.
4. More free and upgradeable audio tracks.
5. New, simpler interface.
6. Retina graphics.
Runs in the background-- for free!
Very happy with this app!! All the comments below are about the free version.
- It's the only free white-noise app I've found that runs continuously in the background (it's going while I write this review, in fact) & when phone is locked.
- Super customizable time-settings: set it to run for as little as 1 minute or as long as 11 hours, 59 minutes.
- Sound-wise, it offers a bunch of interesting variations on similar themes, so for instance you can listen to waves on a sandy beach, or waves on a pebbled beach. (The pebbled beach is great!)
- You can also have your choice about different "colors" of white noise-- white, pink, etc. I love this b/c it basically amounts to a noise-canceling app-- good for those of us who want to put on some headphones and do some work accompanied by a pretty neutral, non-identifiable sound. (Some of the white noise sounds out there are static-y & painful! But these are very soft, soothing, & low-key.)
- free! ! !
(very minor) CON:
- no photos to go with the sounds. (Personally, I say, who cares! The photos on apps like these are usually pretty cheesy anyway. No great loss!)
OVERALL: an excellent, high-functioning free app with a strong roster of sounds & with the very desirable battery-saving quality of running in the background, even when the phone is locked. Download it & give it a go!
Wow, really good. This app has sounds nobody else has.
There are good, even really good, sound apps out there. Slipstream 2 ultimate and I are good friends. However! Mr. Talusan has captured some unique atmospheres. Example: my husband and I are former power plant operators. We know "Furnace" is not a power plant, but it's enough to bring back memories of 3am equipment rounds in our hard hat regalia. Who in the general public would think of capturing anything like that for an app? "Underwater", "train", and others are of high quality and I don't normally use this word in a sentence, but "evocative" has to apply here. If you're any degree of audiophile, if you react sensually and emotionally to sound, DO get this, and a decent pair of ear buds or head phones. A really good value.
Changed my life
From day one, this app changed the way I sleep. Gentle, noninvasive sounds not only drown out anxiety inducing bumps in the night (PTSD), it's the only thing I've found that stops my mind from keeping me awake; the stresses, planning, worries... all drifts away in peaceful ambience. Even napping is possible again! (Husband agrees!)
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 15, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: George Talusan
- © 2011 George Talusan & Hilary Street
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Tracks$2.99
- Train Ride$0.99
- Forest Birds$0.99