By Jirapong Nanta
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iEarthquakes is App to provide the natural disasters; Earthquake, Tsunami. Stay tuned to latest news with push notification.
Portray Mode to display location of the natural disaster. Located your location on the map. Ability to see how far away from disaster’s location.
With iEarthquakes Lite version, enjoy a free copy of software (only no push notification).
"Professor -Data presented concisely and clearly. Very useful for any one interested in te physical world." Lortkipanidze
"Recent Updates made this a top app! - Recent updates made this my favorite earthquake notification app! I live in LA and an app like this is highly recommended. Great app!!" LosAngeles90631
"Love this app! - I have used this app since it came out. I am impressed how easy it is to set up for warming levels. My brother lives in Guam and I can see if he gets any earthquakes or Tsunami warnings. Many of my friends live on the west coast this also alerts me of any warnings there." iQuack4U
- Earthquake, Tsunami, and Disaster alert via push notification
- 7-day and real time update
- Display Map in Portray mode
- Ability to search for all entry
- Display location where you can avoid trouble near by.
- Fetch North America’s earthquake from USGS (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Fetch European’s earthquake from EMSC (European Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
- Ability to set Earthquake’s threshold for notification
- Push notification.
- Sound alert.
- Custom location notification.
What's New in Version 5.349
- Fixed bug.
POORLY DESIGNED APP
What the positive reviews are about is confusing to me. There are several problems with iEarthquakes: 1) It is not possible to input a specific location. The app is designed to force you to reveal your exact location or the app cannot be used! What the hell? 2) If you touch the funnel looking icon? you can determine the distance out from you location on which quakes will be reported. This sounds nice but at the farthest range you have to choose between 500 miles or 5000 miles. No in between. That is a serious gap. The funnel icon also also has a space where you can enter your location. However it does not work. 3) If you touch the globe looking icon it pulls up a map of the planet and there is no way to exit this map. You have to quite the app and start again. What? There are other problems with this app. Listed here is just three glaring issues the developer needs to fix. For now save your money and look for better developed quake apps. Message to the developer: you need to stop charging money for this app.
This has become my go-to earthquake app. I use the notification option and I find that is a helpful heads up. For several years, I have been comparing apps, and while I have a couple running now on my devices, this is my favorite.
iEarthquake is one the best apps for keeping you alert of earthquake and tsunami warnings from low to high on the scale. I have no problems with it on my 6S. It's well worth it, even if you don't live in an earthquake prone region or a fault, but you may have a family member or loved one that do and you can warn them!! Kool Runnings!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 13, 2016
- Version: 5.349
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Jirapong Nanta
- © 2010 Banana Coding
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.