iEphemeris Pro is an astronomy program for iPhone.
The target for the professional version is the astronomer who want to have in your pocket that main astronomical information, but even photographers could find iEphemeris Pro useful for their activity.
There are three pages;
- the main one gives you information such as: Julian Date, Sidereal Time, Delta-T, Sunrise, Transit and Sunset;
- the second page gives you all information you need on the Moon; actual phase, right ascension and declination, lunation, next phases, horizontal coordinates, moonrise, moonset, and more;
- the last page gives you the main information on the Sun; right ascension and declination, day length, Sun maximum altitude, Equation of Time, Nutation, and more.
Version 5.5 introduces iEphemeris Widget.
The widget allows you to have a quick look at moon phase and current coordinates (location, latitude, longitude and altitude).
Widget always works in GPS mode; it takes in account main app preferences just for hemisphere (north, south), metric (standard, anglo-american) and preferred language (by default it uses device language).
The application can be customized by choosing:
- if you wish to use iPhone GPS or set your own location;
- the hemisphere where you are living;
- between Metric and Anglo-American unit mesure system;
- if you want information in real time, or if you wish to set your own time and date;
- to choose your location among the 8.000 cities stored in the built-in database, or to add your own by setting latitude, longitude, elevation and time offset;
- to choose any of all supported languages without change your device settings; changes concern not only the application language, but even the regional settings used by the program (such as dates).
A user guide is available in the app by clicking on (?) button.
The application is localized in all main languages; Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish.
If you find a bug, if you wish iEphemeris translated in your own language, just send me an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As all users know, support is immediate and granted.
iEphemeris now starts up in GPS mode; GPS management has been improved.
The widget now shows the percentage of moon's illuminated faction.
Ratings and Reviews
No More App Support!
The App Support website has disappeared. My iPhone 5 is still running Version 5.3 even after the 13 Nov 17 update.
Several bugs; wait for Version 1.1
This application gives the astronomical time in several different formats, the sun and moon position, and the time of sunrise and sunset. The user must enter their latitude and longitude manually, as no use is made of the iPhone's location finding capability. No information is provided about the planets. Unfortunately Version 1.0 suffers from several significant bugs:
1) The letters for East and West longitude are not localized properly; in the English language version, 'O' is used for West longitude instead of 'W'.
2) The sidereal time is incorrect, and should be shown in 24-hour format regardless of the locale.
3) The sunset time should be shown in PM format in those locales that use a 12-hour clock.
4) On the Sun's page, the quantity "axial tilt" should be called "Earth's axial tilt", and should be given in degrees instead of radians.
5) The Sun's ecliptic longitude should be given in degrees instead of radians.
6) The last part of the longitude for my location (approximately 118 degrees west) is cut off, so that the " W part is missing.
This application shows great potential, but needs more work. Wait until Version 1.1, when hopefully most of the bugs will be fixed.
- Marco Piccone
- 7.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Marco Piccone
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.