Free Persian (Farsi) Dictionary for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- English to Farsi and Farsi to English translations.
- More than 100,000 words.
- Fast access to a local database of words even if there is no internet connection available.
- New database with more than 100k words in each language.
- Offline spelling corrector in both languages
- Support for Pinglish/Finglish (Persian written with English letters)
- Search history in both languages
- 70k+ English examples and idioms
- Grammar and usage tags
- Ability to find similar words in both languages
- IPA Pronunciation in both languages
- Compatibility with all devices: iPhone, iPad, iPhone(Retina), ...
New in Version 4:
- Optimized code resulting in a small app size and faster operation
- Redesigned GUI to provide a more user-friendly interface
- Use of iOS built-in voice recognition resulting in a faster start
- Ability to search for English or Persian words using your voice
- Removal of "words near your location" feature, which had proven to be unpopular
- Less number of permissions required to use the app
New in version 3:
- Issue with download is fixed
- Local voice recognition and entry (English only)
- English pronunciation using iOS Text to Speech
- Local pronunciation test (English only)
- New Graphical User Interface in Persian and English
- History modification feature
- Wordlists creation and management
- Multiple choice word game (both languages)
- Statistics on searches and the word game results
- Random word display on homepage
- Ability to find words near your location
- Help available on all pages
Please forward your suggestions for future versions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** If you cannot download the database please try these steps:
- Disable and then enable your WIFI and try to download the database
- Uninstall and then reinstall iFarsi and try to download the database
If these do not solve your issue, please contact us at email@example.com with details (device info and iOS version) so we can look into the issue.
Disclaimer: The developer makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information in this program and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
4.0 Hot fixes:
- Fixed the download progress
- Avoid suggestions from disappearing when the keyboard is closed
Ratings and Reviews
The latest App update is great!!
Delete and reload helped, still bad
I also found the app unusable after the update, and deleted it. After reloading it, it does work. Sort of. The adds are more objectionable, little windows pop up blocking text, and about half the time trying to close the little windows, I touch something wrong and it resets to a blank box waiting for a new word. Oh if I could get the old one back! I do like that the app gives a guide for vowels in pronunciation, and for words I know, they usually seem right. Especially I like that the pronunciations are written phonetically, so I can tell the difference in "a" sounds.
The new update is really bad
It's so disappointing to see such a great app has gotten this bad after the recent update. Not only I am frustrated because it's not working very often and crashes easily, something else made me really upset. I was at my normal quite work place and needed to look up a word. As soon as I type the word, a loud game advertisement popped up on my screen and didn't close for few seconds. Everyone around me thought I was getting away with work and playing with my phone :( 😠
I'm gonna have to find a new app to use
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.