REQUIRES AN IFIT-COMPATIBLE MACHINE AND AN IFIT MEMBERSHIP TO USE THIS APP
The iFit Cardio app gives you access to the full iFit experience, right on your tablet. Enjoy hundreds of interactive video workouts from a variety of categories, including HIIT, Weight Loss, Destination, and more—all led by elite personal trainers. Or browse beautiful Google Maps™ workouts in unique locations all over the world. With iFit Cardio, you can finally do more with your iFit-compatible machine than ever before!
CONNECT YOUR IFIT-COMPATIBLE MACHINE TO:
•Enjoy the full iFit experience from your personal tablet.
•Access hundreds of video workouts from different categories, like HIIT and weight loss.
•Work out with world-class personal trainers, and let them guide you through every workout.
•Exercise in destination locations all over the globe, like New Zealand, Greece, Switzerland, South Africa, and more.
•Control the speed, incline, and resistance of your machine.
•Track real-time stats during your workouts and get detailed summaries when you’re finished.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
iFit Coach is a premium subscription service that is required to use the iFit - Smart Cardio Equipment app. Should you choose to subscribe to the iFit Coach membership, we offer two auto-renewing subscription options:
Payment will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. There is no increase in price when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
In this release, we made improvements to the workout library load time. We know you want to find and start your workout quickly, so we sped up the load time to be six times faster than before. There’s also some miscellaneous bug fixes and stability improvements to make the overall workout experience better.
Ratings and Reviews
Lacking some essential features
There are a few features that are missing from this app, features that should be essentials.
- The app should let you log in with your biometrics (fingerprint or face). Forcing me to log in before starting is difficult when the tablet is mounted on the treadmill.
- The app should also let you pre-load your login credentials from the saved passwords on my keychain. Doesn’t do it. If you select the given credentials, the login screen just stays blank.
- If your internet connection is not present at the time you finish your workout, the app throws up an error screen and deletes (or just loses) the workout information. The app should save the workout in cache or locally until an internet connection can be re-established. My treadmill is in my basement, very spotty WiFi service there.
There are lots of fun features and creative workout capabilities, but the above are simple, essential gaps.
Not so great
I use this in conjunction with a pro fit treadmill. At least once a week it will not log the workout, the app closes itself randomly, loses connection, or not display all the information to the table, it doesn't consistently speed/slow up or incline the machine in sync with the workout. I contacted customer support via email, they wanted video of it not working, I spend a considerable amount of time submitting video and they tell me they can not view them because its iCloud! Wow, so I called support after 45 min on hold they had me reinstall this app, reset my treadmill, then said to wait a week and call back if it don't eventually correct itself. Sometimes it works well but not like what's advertised. There is no option to search the workouts to suit specific needs, manually going through the workout library is not suitable for what this cost. Having recent lower back surgery I'm advised not to run, a fast walk is fine. It just don't work well for me on several levels.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review. We are always trying to improve the app, and with reviews like this, we are able to focus on what is important to you. We just released a fix for workouts struggling to save. And the content search feature is well on its way! My mother just had back surgery and is trying to stay active as well, using our programs. Keep up the workouts! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any major issues.
Bottom line: if you’re used to well-designed workout apps that integrate with each other, iFIT Cardio is going to disappoint and frustrate you, compared to apps such as RunKeeeper, Strava, Pelaton, etc.
1) First, iFIT Cardio is just *buggy*. For example, more than half the time I finish a session, the screen goes blank, and a box pops up saying, “Something was wrong with your workout and it will not be saved.” With an “OK” button. Seriously.
2) Think you’re going to sync your smart treadmill workouts with MyFitnessPal, Apple, Google Fit, or Strava? Think again. iFIT doesn’t integrate with any apps or platforms. Your workout data is locked in their app.
3) The app is just designed badly: there‘s no obvious attempt to understand how users actually use the app. For example, there’s no search option. When the library opens, you can see many multi-session courses, but the sessions are all jumbled up in a single screen, and you can’t actually sign up for a course, complete a session, then pick up with the next session in the series tomorrow. The next day you navigate to the giant list, and then literally have to scroll, and scroll, and scroll to maybe find the course you were working on, and maybe remember which session you completed last. The classes are not even named and numbered correctly in order. How can such an expensive app still be so bad?
- ICON Health & Fitness, Inc.
- 323.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ICON Health & Fitness, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- iFit Coach Monthly Membership $14.99
- iFit Coach Yearly Subscription $179.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.