Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** iFlash Touch, a FREE companion viewer app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, is available from the iOS App Store. Images and audio only work on the Mac version of iFlash. **
iFlash is an easy to use flash card learning app for the Mac that lets you create and study virtual flash cards. If you want to learn almost anything, from a foreign language to the ten-codes police officers use, iFlash is for you.
• Create your own card decks, or download (for free!) any of the over 7,000 decks available from the built-in Deck Library community.
• "Memorization" features let you easily cram for tests, or study longer-term subjects.
• Unlimited card sides lets you go beyond the physical limitations of index cards. For example, you could have "Word", "Meaning", and "Pronunciation" sides for your cards.
• Study your decks on the go using the free iFlash Touch companion app for iOS.
• Add images and audio to any card side.
• Keep track of which cards you know with 3 different methods of memorization systems, including an interval method to help learn large amounts of information over time.
• Print your cards to 8.5x11 paper.
• Import from text files, including CSV files.
What's New in Version 2.9.3
- Added references to iPad for exporting
- Added exporting of all images and audio in a deck when exporting to text file
- Pressing Shift-Tab in the main table view will now correctly go back in cards
- Fixed bug when sending some decks to iFlash Touch
- Fixed bug where deleting cards while searching didn't work
If you like iFlash, please consider leaving a good review in the App Store. They really help, and we love reading them! :)
One major problem
If you're only using iFlash on a Mac, it's great. But if you want to export your card decks to an iOS device running iFlash Touch? Good luck.
Indeed, can the process to do this be worse? The app indicates that all you have to do is make sure that the Mac and the iOS device are on the same wi-fi network. Yeah? Right. That depends on how your network is configured, and not everyone's network is configured the same. It's clear that they didn't test this function much and it apparently requires Bonjour, but even with that service enabled, I can't get the two to connect.
Loopware needs to vastly improve this feature drastically, making it more intuitive and compatible. The easy ways would be iCloud Drive and/or DropBox compatibility, along with the ability to load decks via iTunes. Why they chose not to do this is not only disappointing, it's also unbelievable.
Its good but could be great Could Be Improved
Its a great app but could be improved. I wish I could automatically divide my vocabulary desk into parts. I need this so I could review few parts at a time before moving to the next group of words. For example, I have 5000 vocabulary words I wish theres a button to group it by 30 vocabulary words each group. This way I could focus on smaller group (I.E memorizing the whole group) before going to the next group. The current version is its just one whole deck. I know you guys will do this in the future. i trust this app.
LOVE this app!
My only regret about this app is that I didn't find it sooner. It easily transfers from my mac to my ipad as well as my iphone. I can study on the go on my phone when I have time to kill or can study on my ipad. I used to spend so much money and time writing out notecards, but now I don't have to! You can reverse the order of the cards, keep track of the ones you already know, etc. LOVE and definitely recommend this!