iFootpath - Modern Walking Guides in the Palm of Your Hand
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Modern walking Guides in the Palm of Your Hand
"Great app - been looking for a good walking route app for years. "
With more than 860 detailed and mapped digital walking guides (January 2017) the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
You can check out the walks before you buy - visit iFootpath.com
iFootpath is made for walking, and only for walking. From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends. There are pub walks, city walks, waterside walks, hill walks and coastal walks. Popular counties include Surrey, Yorkshire, Sussex, Berkshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Hampshire and Staffordshire -all counties in England have walks to enjoy.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect, edit and share GPS trail data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers & hikers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, historical notes, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download digital walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location, postcode, county or name
- Your walking experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real time progress along the walking route on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk
- Tag walks as Completed and Favourite on App and website
- Track your own walking route using your phone’s GPS capability and the intuitive iFootpath tracker
- See your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Add waypoints to break your walk into sections and help walkers navigate and find key landmarks & points of interest
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.3.3
- Fixed autoplay on sound files. User now needs to tap to start play.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 26, 2016
- Version: 4.3.3
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Jemmett
- © 2017 iFootpath - part of OneToRemember LLP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.