Explore the United Kingdom with iFootpath - Modern Walking Guides in the Palm of Your Hand.
"Great app - been looking for a good walking route app for years."
"This app has totally changed my life, I absolutely love it."
"Great walk, instructions were very detailed, perfect!"
"Best walking App ever"
With more than 1,200 detailed and mapped UK digital walking guides (September 2018) the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
- No in-App purchases (you get all current and future walks free)
- No phone signal required when following a walk
- More walking guides added every week
- Full turn-by-turn directions, access notes & a GPS powered live map with location.
You can check out the coverage of walks before you buy - visit iFootpath.com. New walks are added every week.
From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends. There are pub walks, city walks, waterside walks, hill walks and coastal walks with something for all abilities, from 1 mile to 14 miles long. The counties with the most walking guides include Surrey, Yorkshire, Sussex, Berkshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Hampshire, Suffolk, West Midlands, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Dorset, Essex, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire and Staffordshire but all counties in England have some walks to enjoy.
iFootpath is different. Of course, it does provide the ability to collect and share GPS map data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers & hikers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, access information (stiles, gates, terrain, livestock…) historical notes, audio snippets, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
(The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download any of the digital walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location, by town/postcode, by county or by keyword
- Filter for Easier Access & Accessible by Train
- The walk introduction tells you everything you need to know before you set out (access information including stiles and other obstacles, livestock, climbs, terrain plus how to find the starting point)
- While following the walk, your experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, audio snippets, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real-time progress on the live GPS map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk, and read other people’s experience
- Tag walks as Completed and Favourite on the App and website, to keep track of the walks you have walked and the walks that you love
-Navigate to start of walk/parking - 'Driving Directions'
- Track your own walking route and see your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and full descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email email@example.com
Thank for using iFootpath. In addition to adding new walking guides to the iFootpath App every week (Free to download), we continue to add new features and improve existing features based on user requests and technology trends.
1 - Users can now get driving directions to start of walk/parking from walk overview page - 'Driving Directions'
2 - Walks in Library, Completed and Favourites can now be removed without opening walk overview - 'Edit'
3 - Direct links from iFootpath website to App walk pages improved
4 - Improved Registration process
5 - Added 'Location Services are Off' warning
6 - Updated Collections for new Swinton Estate Collection in North Yorkshire
7 - Minor updates and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great and easy!!!
As American visitors this was absolutely the best app for walking the wonderful footpaths while here the UK. We’ve tried two circular paths (with a pub included, of course) and found the routes so well detailed with added historical information very helpful. Excellent!
Difficult to navigate through pages
- Richard Jemmett
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 iFootpath - part of OneToRemember LLP
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.