An iFTP Pro is 3 in One App with Offline File Manager, FTP/SFTP File Manager and Rich Text Editor
? Why this app
- Before buy any other ftp app please confirm there is features like SFTP support, RSA Key management, background download/upload with directory support, advanced text editor & dual and side by side viewer in this price, other many more?
> Main Features <
- Support SFTP (over SSH) using RSA Key Support and FTP
- Directory & Files Upload, Download, Rename, Delete, Move and Set permission (CHMOD)
- View office and other files (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, and all other supports by apple)
- Edit Rich Text and Plain Text files with built-in Advanced Text Editor (.rtf .txt, .text, any text file)
- Play audio & video files ( mp3, wav, mp4 and all other supports by apple)
- View Photo/Images (.png, .jpeg, .jpg, and all other supports by apple)
- Dual and Side by Side View for Remote Server and Local storage
- RSA Key Management (Generate, Import & Email)
- Support Active & Passive Mode
- Allow to open all kind of documents or files support by iOS SDK
- Inbuilt Text Editor with all basic features like Find, Replace, GoTo Line, Change Encoding
- Share files via WIFI, iTunes Sharing, Email or upload on FTP server or Open In with other installed supported apps
- Local storage with directory structure and all basic operations like rename, move and delete etc
- Upload Media content from your Photo Library with multiple selections with original file
- Allow to use local storage for offline use as USB Drive
- You can do other work while uploading and downloading process or you can use other application, as iFTP will notify when process will be completed via Local Notification feature
- Import files from Mail attachments or other apps files
1) Server info sample data
title : whatever nick name
hostname : ftp.example.com or 192.168.1.1
username : test
password: your password
-RTF file Editing only available for iOS7 users only
-To Hide local files, Just turn off dual mode at settings
-To multiple files/folder selection just tape at bottom action icon and tap on top-left check mark icon
- Bug fixes and lots of improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best FTP App yet DEV COME BACK
I was worried at first as I seen the app hasn’t been updated in a year but this is on par with easyFTP probably one of the best FTP apps buy this if you need to transfer folders not just files!! I’ve been looking forever for something like this on my IPAD Pro
Ironically, the free version works fine. After purchase the pro version, it was disappointed that it didn't work - "connecting" forever.
The one I am keeping
This is the 5th FTP tool that I've tried, and it's the one that I am keeping. Earlier, I've tried iTransfer ($2.99), FTP Client Pro ($1.99), FTP 4U (free), and FTP Ready Lite (free). Some work, some don't, but all had user interfaces that are annoying, inconsistent, confusing and unnecessarily complex. It seems these guys have learned nothing from Apple, which made its name in large part based on the simplicity and elegance of its designs. This app has simple and rational design with just the features that you need -- it's a file transfer program -- you don't need a clock or a theme background!
Things that could be improved: (1) the user manual is an atrocity to the English language; and (2) the menu for interacting with the Web server (nice feature!) is confusing. I would suggest something like:
1.Import files from a Web URL
2.Exchange files with a computer on local area network
The latter should display a message such as
"Open a browser on the other computer and
enter this URL: http://10.1.0.xxxx:8080.
You may then use the browser to exchange
files between the computer and the iPad."
BTW, Sometimes files transferred to the local storage are automatically uploaded to the FTP server? Also, "Finished uploading" has no effect. Not clear what closes this web server.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.