IF by IFTTT
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IF connects the apps you love.
Create simple connections between apps like Facebook, Dropbox, Instagram, Twitter, and Gmail, as well as devices like your iPhone, Nest Thermostat, Fitbit, and Philips Hue.
Popular ways to use IF:
+ Post all your Instagrams as Twitter photos
+ Save your favorite tweets to Evernote
+ Message roommates when you’re at the local grocery
+ Share Facebook status updates on Tumblr or LinkedIn
+ Get an email when a new apartment matches your Craigslist search
+ Post videos you like on YouTube or Vimeo to a blog
+ Turn your Nest Thermostat down when you leave home
+ Thousands more Recipes!
More apps you can connect with IF:
Tumblr, Craigslist, Evernote, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, Pocket, LIFX, Square, Best Buy, eBay, Etsy, Automatic, littleBits, Scout Alarm, Misfit, UP by Jawbone, Withings, Reddit, Digg, ESPN, Pushbullet, and over 190 more apps and devices.
What people are saying:
"Short for 'If This Then That' - which neatly describes the function of the product. It is essentially a giant switchboard to connect disparate services, anything from Facebook to text messages to telephone calls." —The New York Times
"One of the best free web-based tools on the block." —The Verge
"IFTTT is giving power to people who don’t know the first thing about coding. In a way, it offers a new breed of programming, one far more people can grasp." —Wired
Learn more about IF at ifttt.com
—The IFTTT Team
What's New in Version 2.5.0
+ Introducing recommendations in your feed, tailored just for you
+ Optional two factor verification security available via ifttt.com
Download today for the most personal IF yet
—The IFTTT Team
Nice app but...
1. Useless....always wants to create account, but already had one.
2. login prompts so small they are barely readable. Not helped by poor color contrast.
3. Still too many unnecessary intro pages.
See also issues on earlier working version....obviously ignored by developer.
4. My rating went from 4 stars to 1.
1. need the ability to simply turn off/on ALL personal recipes; especially cumbersome when app used for home security.
2. app defaults all wrong: geared to first time user and new account, annoying to have to skip thru 6 (yes, 6!) intro pages every time, then skip 7th page from Create Account to (finally) reach Sign In page. (is there some way to turn this off that I missed?) Easier to just use the IFTTT web-site instead of this app.
3. requires the setup of additional accounts for separate locations (shld be a single account with optional secondary location(s) defined underneath).
4. email notifications often arrive over an hour late, making app less reliable.
5. could significantly reduce nbr of recipes needed by allowing for: (i) a compound 'if' (even single level of '&'/'or'), and (ii) a compound 'then' (even single level 'and').
6. could not find how to contact developer (maybe I missed that too).
I love it, but I need the app IFTATTT.
I'm starting to get more home automation and other stuff and I'm really enjoying finding combinations to use all of my various apps to do tasks automatically. For instance, I have a Wemo switch that I use for my front porch. I set it so when I cross a geofence near my house, the porch light comes on. What would make it better, would be to have another dimension added. That way I could set the light to turn on if I cross the geofence AND if it's after sunset. That would actually be better. In the meantime, it's a cool app and you'll have some fun seeing what it can do!
Like having a digital assistant
Really useful & flexible. Saves pics from online media, save emails to Evernote or Dropbox, box, turn your wifi off, unsilence your phone when you leave/enter a location, automatically log yr work hours or locations to spreadsheet or text file, add info to your calendar, virtually anything can be automated. And you can create your own recipes for automatic tasks simply. Like Automator for everything, your own Internet of Things.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 24, 2015
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 20.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IFTTT Inc
- © 2015 IFTTT Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.