iGeoLog is the first iPhone App for drawing geological sections in the field.
Forget your fieldbook, iGeoLog includes all the tools necessary to draw beautiful
geological sections within minutes. It includes:
- a geological section editor, letting the user set classical information such
as thickness, bulge, horizontal offset, comments and numbering.
- the Feature Library lets you add textures to beds: limestone, dolomite,
cross-bedded sandstone for example. The library contains > 40 textures for
sedimentary rocks, > 30 textures for igneous rocks.
- the Feature Library also contains > 60 fossil classes/orders, enabling you to
define the fossil content of a given bed with a few taps.
- the Feature Library follows FGDC Digital Cartographic Standard for Geologic
Map Symbolization. More on www.fgdc.gov.
- the section editor lets you add the GPS coordinates when you are in the field
(iPhone only). No additional GPS unit is required.
- a standard metric scale
The sections can be sorted and listed with a standard list or with the geoFlow
Updated for iOS 10
Adding Application Help
Ratings and Reviews
Even when I open the app back up it's still stuck on the same page- I'm about to un-recommend this expensive app to my colleagues. Please fix.
Latest update resolved all of my issues. This is a great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.