DESCRIPTION OF APPLICATION:
Have you ever wanted to know which information is freely retrievable by scanning the barcode on your favourite products?
Which company is the trademark owner of a particular product?
Where the company is located and how to contact them?
What the main characteristics of a particular trade item are?
iGepir is able to answer all of these questions, depending on the trusted data freely available within the GS1 network.
iGepir is the iPhone application of the famous GEPIR web client (www.gepir.ch) which is reducing the complexity for the user.
• There is no need to preselect GS1 keys, iGepir is gathering and displaying all available information in a structured way.
• With iGepir you can read the barcodes directly with your iPhone camera. No manual typing, no mistakes!
You are of course as well able to check GS1 keys or company details by keying in the number or the name for one or more companies.
GEPIR is a GS1 network which connects the company databases, collating the available information of around 1.5 million GS1 (member) companies spread across 111 countries.
The used data sources for iGepir are therefore trustworthy. iGepir only displays trusted data provided by the trademark owner, governmental bodies like the Swiss agency for the authorization and supervision of therapeutic products (Swissmedic) or GS1 Member organizations.
Which kind of barcodes are supported?
• EAN/UPC Codes (EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-E, UPC-A)
These kind of barcodes are to be found on quite all the products provided by global retail channels to consumers worldwide
These kind of barcodes are to be found on trade units which are not available to consumers in most of the cases
• GS1-128 (EAN/UCC-128)
These kind of barcodes are mostly to be found on trade units and logistic which are not available to consumers in most of the cases.
There are many details beside the GS1 identification which are could be barcoded within GS1-128 barcodes, depending on the application area.
• GS1 DataMatrix
These kind of barcodes are mostly to be found on healthcare products and usually provides more details about the unit you just scanned (for example expiry dates and batch numbers)
• GS1 QR Code
The proprietary QR Codes are quite well known today, they are mostly used to enable to user to access a specific URL.
The GS1 QR Code is a special version of the QR Code supporting the use of GS1 Standards in addition to the possibility to encode an URL.
iGepir only supports reading valid GS1 barcodes. It’s impossible to determine for sure which information is read out when scanning a proprietary codes, which is one of the reasons why companies use the GS1 identification system in open supply chains. You will find more information about GS1 right here: http://www.gs1.org
REQUIRED CONFIGURATION: iOS 8.0 or later and compatible iPhone 4s or later.
- Minor bug fixes
- support iPhone X
- Improve scanner engine
- Enable GS1 Data-Matrix color-inverted decoding
Ratings and Reviews
Does what is it promises
It will do lookup of manufacture address and phone number. It is not price search, it is manufacture address lookup. This is what I needed in order to minimize mistakes in purchasing items from countries I am not fan of.
This ap help u find origin of product and maybe aware u of fake ones
Don't think about customers
New version don't work with previous models
- GS1 Switzerland
- 29.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 GS1 Switzerland
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.