By IGN Entertainment, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The latest video game news and reviews, piped into your pocket from the world's #1 source, IGN. A must-have app for gamers, movie buffs, TV binge watchers and comic fans
The official IGN app for iOS features:
- Wiki guides and walkthroughs -- In-depth support for getting through The Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect Andromeda, Grand Theft Auto, The Witcher 3 and more
- Video game and movie reviews -- Learn more about the latest releases in games, movies, television, tech and comics
- Watch all of IGN's video shows
- Today Screen integration
- iMessage stickers!
Grab the app and learn a little along the way.
This Universal app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. (Be sure to check out our Apple TV app, too!)
What's New in Version 5.1.4
Our latest update contains the following additions and changes:
* Filtering has been added to feeds which allows for platform specific listings such as PlayStation 4, PC, etc.
* You can follow games, movies and comics within the app for easier discovery of news and updates on the topics that interest you. Followed objects can be found in the Saved section found at the bottom of the most feed screens.
* We’ve added the option to send us feedback directly from the app which can be found in the settings menu.
* We fixed an issue with Facebook login causing crashes.
Thanks for using the IGN app!
Good but could improve
Well first I’d like to say I’m great full for what your company and employees do for the gaming community as a whole. With that said your app could do with fine tuning. After my initial choice of content it’s hard to go back change my choices. A better tutorial on your settings would be nice, and also a way to go back a see that tutorial again if I need it would be great. As far as the content of your product. I would say it’s excellent from my per view. Only negative I could give would be that most of your reviews seem to start from a personal view point and stay that way until the end of the article. It might just be my personal view but a review is supposed to be facts and info followed by a personal opinion at the end, maybe two or three different opinions. Well sorry for the long winded review. I hope someone reads this and I hope I see some of feedback from this as well. Sorry for poor sentence structure. Lol 😆
Seems like they abandoned app support
Videos will often times not play properly. An add will play for 30 seconds, and audio sometimes starts but no video. Have to reload, end up having to watch another 30 second add, and I usually lose interest in co tonguing by then.
Also, the comments sections of almost every article never loads. I get just a black screen usually 9 out of 10 Times trying to look at comments on ANYTHING. It’s been like this for months, so it seems like the developers of the app, and IGN in general, doesn’t care about the app or wether it works properly or not. They get add revenue from it still since those seem to work great, so no need to fix any other issues evidently.
All of these issues are on my iPhone 7 Plus so it shouldn’t be a compatibility issue.
Not Five Stars... here’s why...
IGN is the perfect plce to get your daily fix of entertainment tech. The app is easily accessible to everyone and makes it a joy to catch up on the newest gaming news. The flaw is the amount of bugs you encounter. Some days there are no issues and others the app may freeze, crash, or possibly stop displaying necessary buttons (like the “go back” button.)
Other ham the technical issues the app is stellar.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 27, 2017
- Version: 5.1.4
- Size: 55.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- © 1996-2017, IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Bonus$0.99