IGN: Video Game News, Reviews, Guides
By IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The latest video game news and reviews, piped into your pocket from the world's #1 source, IGN. A must-have app for gamers, movie buffs and comic junkies that need to know what's new and which products are worthy.
The official IGN app for iOS features:
- NEW! Wiki guides and walkthroughs -- In-depth support for getting through Destiny, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor and more
- Video game and movie reviews -- Research the best buys in games, movies and comics
- IGN video shows, with AirPlay support
- iOS Calendar integration -- Add release reminders for games to your iOS calendar
- Customizable news feed -- Keep up on the latest, from PlayStation 4 to Xbox One and beyond (Beyond!)
This Universal app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
What's New in Version 4.5.9
In this release we have focused on cleaning up some crash and display bugs for a more stable performance overall. Notable fixes include:
• Resolved the issue with some autoplaying videos interrupting pre-existing audio streams.
• Resolved an issue with accidental ad clicks when scrolling through the feed too quickly.
Also, due to user feedback, we have added an on/off switch for autoplaying videos in the feed.
Thanks again for using the IGN App!
If I close the app and then come back later I always have to log in again because my "log in session expired"... it's an app on my phone, not a website on a public computer. If I log in once I should stay logged in just like I do on ANY other app I've ever used. Other than this problem, the fact that there is a 30 second ad before every single video (even if the video itself is only 30 seconds), and a problem where watching a video in landscape mode and then returning to the feed will leave the feed in a blurry stretched out unclickable landscape mode, this app is pretty good. I use it every day
All Out Trash
The IGN app is a bane to our society. Sometimes it's nice to have, because it's constantly updated with game and other multimedia news. On the other hand, the news can sometimes be beyond pointless, contain spoilers for tv or movies in the article's title, or are poorly written/edited pieces that make you feel stupid for having read it in the first place.
On top of that, the community regularly shows the worst in gamers and humankind. Seriously, you'd be amazed at how stupid we people who play video games are, if these are our peers. Save yourself the phone space. Pass on this app and website, so hopefully they'll go the way of Joystiq in a few years.
Why is this app such an unstable piece of crap? I might as well never even click on any headlines, because there's about a 50/50 chance that it's gonna crash the app. And the ads are overly sensitive. If you even look at an ad wrong, it'll open and take you away from whatever you were trying to read, in between crashes. If it worked right, I would love this app. As it stands, the frustration isn't worth it.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 01, 2016
- Version: 4.5.9
- Size: 51.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- © 1996-2015, IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Bonus$0.99