IGN: Video Game News, Reviews, Guides
By IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The latest video game news and reviews, piped into your pocket from the world's #1 source, IGN. A must-have app for gamers, movie buffs and comic junkies that need to know what's new and which products are worthy.
The official IGN app for iOS features:
- Wiki guides and walkthroughs -- In-depth support for getting through Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Skyrim and more
- Video game and movie reviews -- Research the best buys in games, movies and comics
- Watch all of IGN's video shows - now with AirPlay support
- iOS Calendar integration -- Add release reminders for the games you're excited about directly to your calendar
- Customizable news feed -- Keep up on the latest new for the things you care about, from PlayStation 4 to Westworld to Game of Thrones and beyond (Beyond!)
- iMessage Stickers -- Sticker-ized faces for your favorite IGN personalities, all of our review scores and more! Now you, too, can 7.9 your friends and Brap! Brap! your enemies.
This Universal app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. (Be sure to check out our Apple TV app, too!)
What's New in Version 4.5.14
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Keep on keeping on.
Mediocre app at best.
I haven't had the video play back/disruptive Ad issues that others have talked about with this app, then again I never use IGN's video player, but for whatever reason the comments section does not work on my iPad. If I'm on my iPhone the comments work fine, but using my iPad I just get a blank page and the loading symbol sits there indefinitely. I deleted and redownloaded the app but the problem still exists. Overall the app is okay, but it seems like the issues I've had, as well as the issues others have, are pretty simple fixes considering the usability of countless other apps out there that don't have these issues.
I love IGN, but not the app
This app is horrendous! If I want to see a clip or trailer please don't automatically play it before I tap to get into the video player, which is crap as well. On a 4g connection it takes forever to load or stream. To comment on a video or article is a serious mission and 99% of the time I just give up because logging in to ign through facebook over loads the app and it just fails. Your app isn't a pocket knife. Keep it simple. Get someone to cut out the things you don't need and update it with simplicity.
Pretty good app
Pretty good performance, very condense and easy layout, the only part that stops this from being a five star app is that the videos take a while to load and sometimes you get some buffering glitches with the ads before the video.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 23, 2017
- Version: 4.5.14
- Size: 74.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- © 1996-2015, IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Bonus$0.99